When facing an issue with your InMotion Hosting account, whether it is a billing or website problem we have a team that can help. Reaching out to the right department ensures that your questions are handled by the team that is optimized to serve you.
Before contacting InMotion it is beneficial to make sure you have some basic information readily available, as well as understand the numerous methods of contacting us.
In this guide, you will learn the various reasons for contacting Customer Service vs Technical Support teams, what information you should have, and the methods by which you can contact them.
How to Get Help With Your Account:
- Should I Contact Customer Service or Tech Support?
- Before Contacting Us – Gather the Right Information
- How to Get Support
Should I Contact Customer Service or Tech Support?
If your inquiry/concern is not technical in nature, we recommend you reach out to Customer Service instead of the Technical Support team. But if your issue is website or email related, for example, our Technical Support team would be better equipped to assist you.
Here is some additional information on which team to reach out to based on your specific problem.
Before Contacting Us – Gather the Right Information
To receive the best possible support, having all the necessary information before contacting us is beneficial.
- cPanel username or the primary domain listed on the account
- Account Verification for Live Calls and Chats such as the Hashcode Verification found in your AMP, Passphrase (you can setup in AMP), or the last four digits of the current credit card on file.
Gathering specific information can help us gain some insight into the issues you need help resolving. To do so, here’s a basic guide to what information we’re looking for:
- Your domain name.
- A description of the problem.
- History of the problem.
- Any error messages you are receiving.
- Steps we can take to replicate the problem.
- What software and version are you using?
- Is it a base install or are plugins/modules added?
- Were there any changes made just prior to the start of the issue?
- If the software supports it, is caching enabled?
For more details on what information you will need to provide to your tech support agent, please see our article entitled Necessary information to know before contacting support.
How to Get Support
There are numerous ways you can contact our Support Department for help with your account. We will now go over the available methods for getting support.
Search the Support Center
When you initially need help, we recommend using the search bar at the top right corner of the Support page. We have many tutorials online and they’re updated often.
Ask a Question in Our Public Forums
If you are unable to find a solution by searching our extensive knowledge base of guides, education channels, and other user-submitted inquiries, you can always submit your own question. Please feel free to post your question to our Community Support Center.
- Navigate to the URL: https://www.inmotionhosting.com/support/questions/
- Click the New Post button to proceed.
- Fill in a title in the Header field. This field should contain your question in no fewer than 4 words. For example: “How do I cancel domain registration?” To assist you as efficiently as possible, the Support Center will automatically search itself for an existing resolution to your question using the summary and details you entered previously. Then it will display the results which may contain other related questions or guides. Review the results listed and if none work for your circumstances, click the Skip and Continue button to continue.
- Enter the Description. This field should contain at least 10 words that provide more details of your question summarized in the previous field. For example: “I do not want my domain registration to auto-renew. I no longer need my domain. How do I cancel the domain registration to prevent it from automatically charging me for the renewal?”
- From the Category drop-down menu, select the category that best matches your question.
- Confirm you are not a robot by checking the box. Then click the blue Submit button to continue. You are finished when you see a message stating “Thank you for your request. We will get back as soon as possible.”
Now, it’s time to get an answer! Our InMotion Hosting Community Support Team monitors all questions asked within the Community, and we guarantee a response within 60 minutes for current customers (9am – 9pm ET, Monday – Friday)!
Submit a Ticket
The Account Management Panel (AMP) offers a “Support” page that provides a quick place to obtain assistance or write a verified support ticket to either the Billing or Technical Support departments.
- Login to AMP.
- Click the Get Help button on the top right of the page. Then scroll down to the section titled “Submit a Verified Ticket to Billing or Technical Support“
- Under Department, click the drop-down menu and choose Technical Support.
- In the next drop-down menu, select the type of help you need.
- Enter a Subject.
- Then enter details about your support request. If you need to upload files you can click the Attach Files button.
- Click the Submit button.
Live Chat Support
You can initiate a chat session by clicking on the Support Chat link in the top right corner of the InMotion Hosting Billing Support page. Follow the steps below to complete the Chat Launch form.
- Once logged into your AMP, click the Chat button on the top right of the page. A pop-up will appear.
- Select the Support & Billing option.
- Select the type of support you need from the listed options then enter some information about your issue.
- Click the Start Chat button. Since the live chat is initiated from within your authenticated AMP session, your account is automatically verified.
When calling, please be sure to have your account verification information on hand. You can use either the Hashcode Verification for Live Calls and Chats found in your AMP, Passphrase (you can setup in AMP), or the last 4 digits of the credit card associated with your account.
Our support phone number is: 757-416-6575