RamNode is searching for a OpenStack Engineer, to assist in developing and enhancing new platforms and products built around the use of OpenStack. While working alongside other technical departments, our Engineering team is committed to providing highly reliable service and using strong technical expertise to bring valuable solutions to our new and existing customers.
The OpenStack Engineer role is responsible for carrying technical knowledge over all RamNode products, and making decisions to provide general improvements, solve problems, and serve as a point of contact for technical issues both internally and externally.
If you are a creative problem solver who gets excited by the ways in which technology can change how people work, then you’ll love this position! This position is also available on a remote basis.
What You’ll Do:
- Monitor customer facing systems and infrastructure to ensure consistent and reliable uptime and availability.
- Develop and maintain a growing network and system environment.
- Serve as a technical escalation point for other team members.
- Develop and update scripts and automation procedures for frequent tasks.
- Plan and coordinate maintenance windows, software patches, and other routine operating system maintenance.
What You’ll Get:
- Profit sharing twice yearly
- Customizable 401(k) plans that include company matching
- Medical, Dental, Vision Disability, Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off and Company Paid Holidays
- A casual work environment
- The chance to lead the success of a new product in a highly competitive, growing market
And when onsite…
- Awesome company parties and events
- Free weekly lunch and snacks
What We’re Looking For:
- 3+ years as a System Administrator in a Linux environment.
- Dedicated focus on customer satisfaction and responsiveness to the customer’s problems.
- Experience with OpenStack to include common services and supporting hardware technologies and deployment automation like OpenStack Ansible.
- Understanding of OpenStack networking concepts and automation including OpenvSwitch, Neutron, and the use of VLANs.
- Experience with basic networking concepts and network troubleshooting tools.
- Experience with Arista and Brocade preferred.
- Experience using Git for source control.
- Experience with OpenVZ, SolusVM experience is a plus.
- Knowledge of web hosting technologies and common concepts.
- Experience with SuperMicro systems.
- Experience automating the deployment and management of systems.
- Virginia Beach, VA
- Denver, CO
- US Remote
The starting salary for this position is $69,000 – 80,000+ and commensurate with experience.
InMotion Hosting will be assisting our sister company, RamNode, in staffing efforts for this role. See more about our relationship and how we got connected here.