InMotion Hosting is seeking an Advanced Technical Support Specialist to assist in system monitoring, incident resolution, and thrilling our growing customer base with excellent customer service.
What You’ll Do:
- Provide exceptional service to Managed Hosting customers by understanding their goals and objectives and creating a plan to accomplish those objectives
- Troubleshooting technical issues related to application configuration
- Analyze accounts for resource usage, identify resource issues within an account, and assist customers with premium site/server optimization.
- Perform migrations of websites/ servers from a wide range of both cPanel and non-cPanel hosts
- Maintain and strengthen the customer relationship by thrilling the customer in every interaction
- Serve as an escalation point for other team members
- Configure and install software using WHM and the Linux command line
- Familiarize yourself with new technologies pertaining to the LAMP stack and enterprise hosting solutions to suit a diverse and non-standard customer base
- Identify and implement solutions for permanent issue resolution instead of temporary fixes
What You’ll Get:
- Profit Sharing twice yearly
- Customizable 401(k) plans that include company matching
- Medical, Dental, Vision Disability, Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off and Company Paid Holidays
- Reimbursement for tuition, certifications, or professional memberships
- Additional paid time off to volunteer in your community
And when onsite…
- Awesome company parties and events
- Free weekly lunch and snacks
What We’re Looking For:
- 3+ years’ experience providing customer service, preferably in a call center environment
- Strong technical troubleshooting and critical thinking skills
- Experience prioritizing and resolving escalations from team members
- Advanced familiarity with the UNIX/Linux and its commands/utilities at a user level
- Strong understanding of the “LAMP” stack (Linux, Apache, MySql, PHP/Perl) and other common web server technologies.
- Familiarity with web scripting and web applications, ability to troubleshoot/debug common errors with PHP and Perl applications/scripts
- Strong understanding of DNS including change management tools and by editing configuration files directly
- Experience with cPanel and Web Host Manager (WHM) including using both GUI and command line tools for account management
- Moderate understanding of Unix/Linux security model, networking concepts, and the importance of maintaining security for passwords/keys
- Ability to explain complex technical concepts in simple terms
- Virginia Beach, VA
- Denver, CO
You can see more information about our company culture and our current products and services by following these links:
Starting pay VA office: $22 an hour with the opportunity for monthly performance bonuses.
Starting pay CO office: $23.50 an hour with the opportunity for monthly performance bonuses.