Been thinking of starting your own blog but not sure that you have the time, or even that it’s a good idea? Website builders can help.
Though blogs have been around for years, they’re still going strong. In fact, according to MediaKix, there are an estimated 440 million blogs in existence across all major blogging platforms.
But the sad truth is, almost all of those blogs will fail. 99% of them, actually. Growing an audience, getting traffic, and even coming up with content can be difficult. Plus, there’s all that competition.
Standing out and being unique is the real challenge – but if you have real, quality information to share, we can help you with the rest.
Keep reading to find out why you should start a blog, and how website builder can help you stand out from the crowd. Let’s jump right in!
Do People Still Read Blogs?
Let’s start with the basics: With all the media available today, from video to podcasts and more, are people still reading anything?
The short answer is “yes.” The longer answer is “yes, but only if they find the subject matter truly engaging.”
You can no longer write a 1,000-word article, uninterrupted, and just slap it up on your website. Here are some important stats to be aware of:
- 80% of readers will only look at what’s above the fold (they won’t scroll down), so it’s important to put your important information up top.
- On average, readers only look at about 20% of the text on any given page – that’s why it’s important to also include images, video, or infographics.
- 60% of people report skimming, rather than reading, blog posts – so use subheads and bullet points to express important information.
How Does A Blog Help Business?
Still not sure that you should start a blog? Aside from a love of writing or an overwhelming urge to share your story, there are several reasons blogging could be beneficial. Most importantly:
- These days, a web presence is incredibly important, and you need to be able to communicate with your audience no matter what channel they use.
- A blog gives your brand credibility and helps build authority.
- Publishing new content regularly can help improve SEO.
- People are emotional creatures, and they want to feel a connection: a blog gives you the chance to tell an authentic story and build a relationship with your audience.
How Do You Get Started?
Typically, to start a blog (or any other website), you’d have to do the research and find a reliable website builder and host. WordPress Website Creator is a robust all-in-one package that includes both. And don’t worry if you don’t have any experience building a website: Website Creator is perfect for beginners.
It’s built on the WordPress platform and comes preinstalled with one of the best website builders, called BoldGrid. There are dozens of included features, like automatic updates, to help you maintain your website and countless ways to customize – but when it comes to running a blog, we think these particular features are key:
- 200+ themes
Your theme provides the framework for your entire site and it’s the basis off of which you’ll implement all the other features. A well-designed theme can add interest to your website and give you a unique look (whether you want something fun and colorful or serious and professional).
BoldGrid comes preinstalled with 200+ themes for you to choose from – and if you don’t like those, you can also use anything from WordPress’ extensive selection of free and premium options. There are really no limits to what you can choose.
Easy Drag and Drop Editor
BoldGrid’s Post and Page Builder Plugin provides a true WYSIWYG drag-and-drop interface, allowing you to easily create new layouts without any coding.
No New Content? No Problem
BoldGrid makes it easy to post previously used content (including blogs, calls-to-action, and more) across multiple platform pages without having to copy and paste code.
Bottom line: no, it’s not too late to start a blog. People still read them, they offer numerous business-boosting benefits, and they can be fun! Reach out today to see how quality website builders can help you get started on the road to blogging success.