If you have spent the time and energy to create a WordPress website, then chances are you’re now looking at options for the best hosting for WordPress. This can be a tough decision. There are a number of hosting companies offering all sorts of plans.
What to Look for
So, what should you look for when it comes to picking the best hosting for WordPress? Here are some of the factors worth knowing if you want a top-notch hosting service.
- Average Uptime—Uptime refers to the amount of time your website is actively running on the Internet. If your website goes down for a minute, that could potentially cost you sales and visitors. It’s especially troubling because once a person can’t access your website, they may think that it’s permanently down and never revisit. So, when you’re looking for a hosting plan, you need to make sure that your website will be up at least 99% of the time. Any hosting service that cannot guarantee this rate is not worth using. (In fact, many websites offer a money back guarantee if they slip below a 99.9% average.)
- Server Speed—Many customers expect instant gratification when it comes to the Internet. If a website doesn’t load in two to three seconds, then they will think that the website is too slow to use and will move on to a competitor’s site. But having a fast server speed is not just important in this regard. It also figures in heavily to Google’s search engine ranking formulas. If you want your website to rank high on Google and be found by your potential clientele, then you need a fast server.
- Customer Support—Next on the list is a good background of customer support. Be sure to look at reviews to see how quickly customers received feedback from the support side of the company. In addition, find out from these reviews what the most common complaints are so you can get a better overall feel for how well the company does with its product.
- Site Migration and Staging—When you are transferring your website to your new hosting service, you want to make the transition as smooth as possible. But you also want to make sure that it is done fully, meaning a professional migration is necessary. Many services are offering free migrations with no downtime for your website as they make the changeover. You should also find out if the hosting service has any contingency for staging sites that can help with testing out plugins and other parts of the site before they push out the live version to the Internet.
- Back-Ups—Finally, you want to make sure that your data is kept secure and that you can restore it easily if something goes wrong. As such, your new host should offer free back-ups, preferably one that can be accomplished with the push of a button. Similarly, the hosting service should allow for data to be restored just as easily.
Get the Most from your WordPress Hosting
When you’re looking for the best hosting for WordPress, then you have a lot of different options out there. It is necessary to review all these possibilities and do diligent research to determine which one suits your needs. One such option is InMotion. WordPress Hosting through InMotion Hosting is safe and secure and affordably priced for both professional business sites and personal blog-type sites.