Wireless internet coupled with streaming video has completely changed the landscape of not just what we do online, but also how we market to people using the web. Video is now becoming so ubiquitous that even many of the main news agencies are replacing traditional articles with videos.
And now, video is so easy to make because most of us have a camera in our pockets in the form of a smartphone. And for those who want something clearer, many higher-resolution video cameras are available cheaply.
So how can you use videos such as these to market your small business? Let’s explore this topic.
Types of Videos
If you are interested in marketing your business or non-profit, then there are a few different ways to do this. They include:
- Service demonstration—If your business is providing a service, such as a carpet cleaner or electrician or plumber, then the easiest way to promote your business is with a demonstration of your service. Show your audience how to clean a stain, install a ceiling fan, or clean out a clogged drain. By showing your expertise in the area, you are personalizing yourself and demonstrating that you can be trusted in your field while also creating brand recognition.
- Product reviews—If your business involves sales, then you can bring in customers with reviews of some of the products that you sell. Try to be fair and objective, but at the same time push the positive attributes of the product so that you can increase your sales. Choose products that you know are good quality and that will sell well if people are aware of them. Then, create a review or your own version of an “infomercial” along with links to your online storefront to sell the product.
- Meet the staff and office—A great way to personalize your business and draw in more connections to your brand is with short videos introducing your staff to the world. You can also show tours of your workspace so that people can see your professionalism reflected in your workspace.
- Non-profit ideas—If you are seeking donations for your non-profit, then you can actually show what the money is going towards. If you are doing carpentry work to build a wheelchair ramp for someone who is disabled, then show the work going into it so that people can see the personal side of these donation requests.
General Tips for Making Your Videos
If you are sold on the idea and want to start using videos to market your small business, there are a few things that you need to remember:
- Get a good camera—Sure, your smartphone can take video. But you want this to look professional. Check reviews online and see what types of cameras will work best in your budget.
- Get some help—Don’t merely set up a tripod and try to do this yourself. You are liable to walk out of frame or do something wrong like not talking to the camera. Having a friend doing the recording will give you an extra set of eyes and ears to let you know how it looks.
- Don’t worry about being perfect—You are going to want to redo your video if you flub a line—but don’t. Unless your video goes completely off the rails, little imperfections will make your work look genuine and not likely a slickly produced affair.
- Get comments—You are going to want to get help and feedback from your friends and family about the video. Go ahead and enable comments after you post it online so you can interact with your potential customers.
Videos for Your Business
Video marketing is an exciting new avenue that many small businesses are beginning to embrace. All it takes is a little planning and research to make the best of this format.
Did you know that InMotion Hosting brings powerful website hosting to help you build a beautiful website for your videos? Learn all the details today!