Blogging is no longer just for travelers or to post on your backup WordPress site. It has become a great way to reach an audience and even make a little money in doing so. As with anything, getting started is always the hard part. Lucky for you, we’ve put together a list of tips to help you along!
- Figure out what your blog will be about. Before you start typing away, you’ll want to nail down what your blog is going to be about. Having a blog that covers everything and anything is too broad and will not help you in reaching an audience. Have a specific audience in mind as well. This will help shape your blog and the content you provide to your audience.
- Be consistent. Have a schedule for when you will release blog posts, and stick to it. With a schedule, your audience will be at ease knowing when you will release new blog posts, and won’t be frustrated having to keep checking your site. This also applies to your theme or nature of your blog. Sure It’s okay to go off topic once in a while if it makes sense, but your audience is coming to you because of what you write about.
- Make yourself known. Interact with your audience, other bloggers, non-readers, social media, and so on. Get your name out there and attach your blog to it. Do so in a non-spamming way, and be polite about it. Readers are curious about you and potential readers may have some questions, so it doesn’t hurt to respond and in fact, makes people trust you more.
- Don’t be afraid. This can cover many aspects but is useful for all of them. Don’t be afraid to try new things or add a new branch to your blog. Growing is natural and people expect it and want it. If you’re having trouble moving forward or just stuck in general, don’t be afraid to reach out to other bloggers. There are countless groups on Facebook and other social media platforms made just for bloggers, and bloggers will almost always help out other bloggers. It’s likely that someone has faced the problem you’re facing, and that blogger likely has tips and tricks to get you through it.
- Be yourself. Blogging should be truthful and you want to make sure that’s how your audience sees you. Don’t put up a facade that you are something you are not. Eventually, the facade will show itself, and people will stop reading.
- Have a good website. You want readers to come to a place that is relaxing, easy to navigate and one they will recommend to others. There are many different ways to go about this and a good approach is to use a WordPress site.
For example, we offer a Website Creator that includes the BoldGrid plugin. This allows you to build a website with ease and build it exactly to your liking. Also, you want to make sure that you are able to back up your WordPress Site. There’s a great plugin for BoldGrid that automatically backs up your data, allows you to move it, and restore it with ease. It’s always better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it.
- Keep going. Finally, keep going! It takes time to build an audience and unless you are already well known, it is going to take time to build a blog. Don’t get discouraged if you aren’t seeing results right away; remember, it takes time. Follow the tips above and you will gain readers and followers, just keep going.
With these tips, you can come out of the shadows on your backup WordPress site, and into the light. Blogging is fun! Have fun with it and don’t let it stress you out more than it needs to. Readers will come and go and that’s just how it is. Keep going forward, keep producing content, keep talking to others, and keep blogging.