For those who are looking to make their website a winner with fast connections and load times, then the best option is to use dedicated WordPress hosting. Whether it be businesses that are looking to take their service to the next level or personal websites that have outgrown the training wheels of shared servers, dedicated hosting gives you the ability to truly grow your website.
Let’s take a look at exactly what you get when you choose dedicated hosting and why it makes sense for your site.
Shared vs. Dedicated Servers—What’s the Difference?
When it comes to choosing between shared versus dedicated servers, the difference is in how the servers are set up. With a shared server, you are renting space on a computer server alongside several other websites that are also using the same server.
With a dedicated server, you have the whole server to yourself. Think of it as a home rental. A shared server would be like an apartment building that you rent alongside a bunch of other residents. You have to share the main entrance and some of the resources. But if you have a dedicated server, it’s like renting your own home. There’s no sharing required.
Advantages of a Dedicated WordPress Hosting Service
Now that you have an idea of the difference, let’s look at the advantages that a dedicated server provides to you and your website.
- First and foremost is having your own private set of resources on your server. With a shared hosting set-up, you share the resources with the other sites on the server. That means that if one of those websites is eating up a lot of bandwidth on the server, it can cause your website to slow down significantly.
- Also, if some of those websites are using lots of plug-ins or need additional memory to help them run well, then they will be pulling that from your potential resources. If your website has a lot of traffic, then you are going to want to choose a dedicated server that can guarantee you all the resources you need.
- A second major consideration for people looking at dedicated servers is site security. With shared hosting, you don’t just share the resources of the server — you also share the risk. If one of the sites on the server becomes infected with malware, then that same infection can spread to your site. Once that happens, you can be vulnerable to data breaches. But what is worse is that you can lose the confidence of the people who patronize your site. Once it is known that your website is unsafe, then you can guarantee that people will stop visiting you. Some browsers will even block your site as a security risk.
- With a dedicated server, you don’t have to worry about this potential security hazard.
- One other reason to choose a dedicated server is to prevent the possibility of being blacklisted by search engines. If a site on a shared server is branded as a spam or malware site, then it can negatively impact all of the sites on that server because they share the same IP address. Those sites can be downgraded on search engines or not even listed at all. If you want your site to be found at the top of the searches, then you might want to consider a dedicated server.
- Finally, a dedicated server provides you with a much greater sense of freedom when customizing your website. If you want to add a feature to your website, you don’t have to worry about it not working because of a lack of resources. This allows you to make your website look better than the bare bones sites that work best on shared servers.
Dedicated WordPress Hosting for your Website
A dedicated WordPress hosting service is the best option for those who are running a medium to heavy traffic website. It is especially essential if you are looking to run a business online and taking part in any form of e-commerce. By choosing this optimal server option, you are guaranteeing yourself better load times and greater resources as well as stability and security.