For those of us who keep a website for blogging or business purposes, we like to think of the website as being like our home on the Internet. And just like you would decorate your home for the holidays, you may wish to “dress up” your website with WordPress Christmas themes.
The wonderful thing about these themes is that they are just as diverse and interesting as your own home decorating style. If your personal style is more of the “classical” Victorian Christmas, then you will find a complementary theme. And if you are the Clark Griswold/Christmas Vacation type who likes over-the-top flash, then you will also be able to find a theme that reflects this.
Let’s take a look at a sampling of the best holiday-centered themes:
- Christmas by tempathemes —This theme is a good choice for businesses looking to spruce their online storefront up with holiday flair. It is an intuitive layout that integrates well with WooCommerce and Contact Form 7 as well as the latest WordPress platform update.
- Christmas Bell by Catch Themes —This particular theme gives you beautiful visuals with a warm Christmas color palette. The theme’s features include: widgets, testimonials, pagination and layout options, hero content, featured content and slider, and custom logo designs. Christmas Bell also allows for good customization on various devices and platforms.
- Christmas Gift by Han – This theme is a child of the Twenty Sixteen theme. One of the features that makes this theme so great (besides its elegance and images) is that it supports WooCommerce so you can add your holiday spin on your store’s website.
- Christmas Shop by Prosys Themes —This business theme is perfect if you want to give your online store a holiday feel as you try to bring in those Christmas sales. What makes the theme a good choice for businesses is that it is search engine and speed optimized so it will load quickly and rank well on search engines like Google.
- Santamas by Hash Themes – Here we have a free theme that has a lot going for it. What could be more “Christmas-y” than a countdown clock to the big day? This is another great addition for e-commerce sites that want to remind customers how much time they have left for shopping. The theme’s banner also has the option of showing a gentle snowfall animation that adds to the holiday feeling.
- Snowflakes by Catch Themes — A child theme to the popular Fotografie theme, this is a good option for those who want to create a picture-heavy website with elegant, holiday-themed images. The color palette on this one is very vibrant and eye-catching and will grab the attention of readers quickly.
- White Xmas by poena —This is a simple, yet elegant theme that features blue and white as the dominant colors, so it’s a good theme to choose if you don’t want to go with the traditional red and green. What also makes this one such a good option is that you can hide the images and continue to use this theme after the holiday season is over.
Occasionally switching website themes keeps your readers and customers from becoming bored with your layout. With these Christmas-based themes, you will provide your website with the proper decoration to win people over this holiday season.