Essential oils have been used by indigenous cultures for thousands of years. As far back as 70AD, in fact, Greek physicians were using plant oils for medicinal purposes. Today, consumers use them to help get a good night’s sleep, stimulate their immune system, or even to clean the bathroom.
It’s safe to say that the industry is booming.
But with all the companies, both online and off, vying for customers’ attention, how can you make sure your business stands out? Simple. Create a business website. But not just any website: one that’s unique, user-friendly, and professional. One that will grab the audience’s attention.
Before you say, “that’ll take too much time” or “I don’t have the money,” hear us out: creating a website doesn’t have to be difficult, and it definitely doesn’t have to be expensive. With Website Creator, it’s actually super easy (and you can do it on the cheap).
In this article, we’re going to walk you through everything you need to know about creating a website for your essential oils business. Let’s start with the basics:
Why Do You Need a Website For Your Essential Oils Business?
Just in case you’re still not convinced, here are a few more reasons having a website is essential to your business’s success:
- Having a website increases sales. Studies show that having an online presence plays a huge role in small business marketing. How so? 91% of consumers report that they’ve visited a store because of an online experience, and 37% say they use the Internet specifically to find a store. Perhaps more importantly, of the small businesses that have websites, 69% of them report annual sales between $1,000,000 and $2,490,000.
- Having a website increases reach. Traditional marketing channels, such as print ads or mailers, are typically limited in geographic reach. A website, however, allows you to reach both a local and a global market, exponentially expanding your pool of potential customers.
- Having a website increases credibility. If a client or prospect looks for you online and can’t find anything, you’re not going to seem like a legitimate business – not these days. A website shows your audience that you’re real, you’re engaged, and you care about what they need.
How To Set Up Your Business Website
Setting up a new WordPress website for your business is a fast and easy process. In just four easy steps, you can be up and running. This is what you need to do:
1. Choose a domain name. Your domain name is the address people will use to get to your website. For example, ours is www.inmotionhosting.com.
Choosing a domain name is usually pretty straight-forward. Often, businesses choose domain names that are the same as their business name – but you can get creative with it if you want and have a little fun.
Just keep in mind that if someone else already owns the domain name that you want, you’ll have to choose another. We suggest coming up with a list of several options right up front so if one is taken, you have a backup.
2. Choose Website Creator to get started. Getting started with your website hasn’t ever been easier. Website Creator gives you the peace of mind knowing that with just a few clicks, everything is setup and you can start designing your website.
3. Choose a theme for your website. Once Website Creator is enabled, you’ll have to choose a theme for your new website. There are several Inspiration Categories, including real estate, music, and restaurants, but for your essential oils business, you’ll probably want to go with something more general.
Within each category are custom themes with example content. You can preview each one and see how it will look on your live site before you make a final decision. Once you’ve found one that you love, just click on the Select button to proceed.
4. Start adding content. Now for the fun part! The last, and probably most important, thing you need to do is populate your website with images and written content. What you choose to add depends on you and your business, but there are two pages that every single business needs no matter what: ‘About’ and ‘Contact.’ Those are the two pages customers are likely to look for, and they’re also the ones that Google uses to populate information about your company.
Get Started Today
Your business is important to you and it’s important to us. Reach out today and let’s talk about how we can help your business stand out from the competition.