How do you find the best hosting for WordPress? First you will need to have a little bit of knowledge of the hosting servers that are offered along with a general estimation of their costs. Then, you should know the features that identify a good host, other key factors that are part of a good hosting service, and how to make the most of the host that you select. Finally, we will go over why we believe that InMotion Hosting is the best hosting for WordPress.
- Understanding the Types of Hosting
- Feature of the Best Hosting for WordPress
- Other Key Factors
- How to Make the Most of Your WordPress Host
- The Best Hosting for WordPress – InMotion Hosting
If you’re having trouble with your WordPress host, then check out InMotion’s WordPress Hosting solutions. We provide secure, optimized servers that are priced to meet your budget needs!
Free WordPress Website Transfers Free SSLs Unlimited Bandwidth
Understanding the Types of Hosting
If you are trying to set your business apart from your competitors with your website, then it is necessary to pick the best hosting for WordPress. Many times, the hosting service is just as important as the layout and design of your website. If your website is slow, that speaks negatively of your company.
Managed servers may cost a little more since they are regularly monitored or serviced for performance, maintenance, and security purposes.
Let’s take a quick look at some of the different options that are available and why they may be the best fit for your particular website.
Types of Hosting Servers
Each of the main options for hosting WordPress sites—shared, VPS, dedicated, and cloud—all carry their own pros and cons. Shared servers are the least expensive currently on the market (between $5 and $10), but they are the best choice for beginner websites that do not have much traffic or functionality.
A virtual private server (VPS) costs a little bit more ($10 to $30), but it provides you with more resources like your own secure bandwidth. Cloud-based VPS solutions span both of these solutions ranging from $5 to over $100 a month depending on the features you select.
The most expensive of these options include dedicated servers which provide the most stability, but with the highest price tag. Some of these costs as much as $600 a month.
If you are looking for one of the best options for your website, you may want to consider a managed server. This is essentially set up on a virtual private server. In this way, you are on one server with dozens of other websites, but your site has its own partitioned chunk of the server set aside to handle just your site and its needs.
What sets a managed server apart from a regular VPS is the level of customer and technical support that you get. Even though a managed server will run you a little more money than a traditional VPS (around $30 a month), it is well worth the money.
One of the most important features of having a managed server is the peace of mind and continued support that you have with your own designated manager.
A managed server gives you continual customer service that’s there for you if your website has any issues. It’s always good to get assistance for any problems you face in your web hosting adventures.
Features of the Best Hosting for WordPress
When it comes to finding the best WordPress Hosting provider, your options may seem infinite. We understand that the choices can be overwhelming as basically all hosts offer similar options. Here is a breakdown of some important factors for you to consider before deciding on your provider.
WordPress hosting providers should offer these core features:
- WordPress pre-installed
- Automatic backups and Site Restore
- Automatic WordPress updates
- 24/7 security monitoring
- Performance and Reliability
- Website migration
Each of these options helps to define what we consider a professional WordPress hosting solution. Let’s look at each option in more detail to help clarify the benefits of each.
Pre-installation of WordPress
This option is quite simply a time-saver. If you want to get down to the serious business of creating your site without having to go through the installation steps, then having WordPress already installed is a worthy benefit.
Automatic Backups and Site Restore
Sites get hacked, websites break with updates, and sometimes catastrophic events can bring down our websites. The best hosting sites offer automated backups and site restorations to combat these problems. You will want to choose a company which offers these services.
Automatic WordPress Updates
As your WordPress site matures, dealing with updates of both the WordPress version and the plugins that you have loaded on your site will be a constant and common issue. Automated updates help save your sanity, but equally important is having the ability to rollback an update. Your site may have theme or plugin requirements that can be affected by an update.
Having the ability to roll back an update can give you the time to make the required adjustments. It can also give you the time to prepare an alternate solution for a necessary function of your WordPress site that may have been affected by an update.
Hackers and spammers are everywhere. You want the security and comfort of extra protection. WordPress hosts tend to be more vigilant about platform security with specific malware and firewall services. Additionally, managed services monitor their hosted sites 24/7 to help with site uptime while protecting it from possible data breaches.
Performance and Reliability
WordPress hosting should deliver speed and reliability without the sudden need to upgrade when you get a spike in traffic. WordPress specific hosts optimize their servers specifically for the WordPress database-centric nature of the application. They also help you to understand and optimize your site to improve performance and efficiency when needed.
WordPress site owners moving to a WordPress specific host will commonly have the task of moving their site from another server. Having the option for a website migration to be done for you is an enormous time-saver. This service may often be free depending on the number of sites you need to move.
Other Key Factors
While cost is an important factor in searching for the best WordPress hosting service, it should not be the only one. Features (like the ones listed above), company experience/documentation, and support availability are other key factors that you should keep in mind during your search.
A good knowledge base and its availability is a great indicator of a company’s experience with providing good hosting service. Companies often compile their support interactions into publicly available forums or knowledge base websites that can provide valuable information for your website experience.
Technical support availability is another key factor, though its value may vary from one website owner to another. Available support means that you have an avenue to communicate with the web hosting service when it’s needed.
Not having a means to contact your hosting service, or just slow responses can be a deal breaker for most. Support matters and a good support service shows that the hosting company truly cares about its customers.
How to Make the Most of Your WordPress Host
Now that you have a good grasp about how to find the best hosting for WordPress, let’s go over a few pointers on how you should best take advantage of your selected solution. This will be a short list, but it will start with the move to the hosting service and suggestions of maintenance practices to keep your site performing optimally.
- Before your account is created, make sure to check on your billing cycle and ask that you be notified and provided an invoice for each payment period.
- If you’re creating a new WordPress website, make sure to make a list of the requirements for your site and then speak with your new host to see what they can provide in the installation when they create your account.
- If you’re migrating an existing WordPress site(s), then check with your hosting service for their policy on providing a website migration. In most cases, they will require that you provide access to your old site and information on its assets and functionality. Make sure that they transfer your site in an operating state. You should also double-check all functionality and assets of your site.
- Ask about any security requirements or options that are available to you. For example, you may want to use 2-factor authentication for access to your site. Good web hosts will be able to provide you these services and at least general information on their security practices.
- Once your WordPress site is in place, plan and execute regular backups. You should also make sure to understand any company policies on backups. You should also be aware of the time it takes for a backup restoration in the event that a disaster occurs. It’s always important that you have a backup plan in place so that you can quickly recover your website as needed.
- Request automated notifications for updates or performance issues. Many hosts will either provide a website to help provide service status, or you may be able to implement automated notifications for updates or service issues. Many of these notifications may be come through automated emails or texts.
- A good business website may often grow. If you notice your site beginning to outgrow its current hosting service, work with your provider to plan how you can upgrade your service as needed.
- As your site may not always run perfectly, make sure that you make note of all of the ways that you can contact your hosting service’s support teams. Many hosts can be contacted through multiple avenues such as email, chat, or phone.
The Best Hosting for WordPress – InMotion Hosting
So, yes, in our biased opinion, InMotion Hosting is the best hosting for WordPress on the market. But we have some great reasons that we believe in our brand. Here are ten reasons why we believe that InMotion is the best hosting for WordPress.
- We’re Not a New Name—One thing that you need to realize about hosting providers is that there are many who pop up claiming to be the best, only to fizzle out in a few years. InMotion has been acting as a web hosting service since 2001. In that time, they have established themselves as one of the best on the market.
- Multiple Service Approach—InMotion doesn’t just host websites. It has several different services including domain name set-up and website design. This means that you can get all (or most) of your website needs from one service. InMotion can register your domain name for you, create the website, and then host it on their servers.
- Good Uptime—Another thing that you want in a web host is a good reputation for uptime. Uptime is the percentage of time that a host’s servers are online and working. InMotion offers a 99.9% guaranteed uptime and they offer a free month of service if they do not meet that uptime goal.
- Inexpensive Shared Hosting—The bottom tier of service that InMotion offers is shared hosting (what we refer to as Business Hosting). This service runs between $5.99 and $14.99 a month. These bare-bones type plans are very affordable and perfect for blogs and other personal sites that are just starting out online and are trying to gain a foothold.
- In-House Customer Support—Another essential requirement of hosting a website is reputable and reliable customer support. InMotion is proud of their customer support that is based in the United States without any international outsourcing. These customer support representatives are available at all times through phone, email, chat, or ticket system. They also have a wealth of customer support guides that score high on Google’s rankings of such materials.
- Google Integration—Many people are currently using Google’s G Suite app to help with a variety of tasks including email. With InMotion, G Suite integrates perfectly and you can set up your mail hosting easily.
- Heavy Feature VPS—Virtual private servers are much faster and more reliable than shared servers. InMotion’s plan runs $29.99 a month and features at least 4 GB of RAM, 4 TB of monthly transfers, and 75 GB of fraud tolerant disk space. It also features a free SSL certificate, an essential security profile if you plan to run an e-commerce store.
- Managed Hosting Plans—Yet another type of hosting option that InMotion is known for is its managed hosting plans. This allows you to assign your specific web hosting maintenance needs to InMotion. You don’t have to run your own updates or maintenance but can instead leave that to the experts.
- Dedicated Servers—For those businesses that are looking for top-of-the-line hosting services, InMotion has dedicated servers for roughly $100 to $500 a month. This means that your business would have a server all to itself and no real limitations from having to share resources.
- Resellers—InMotion even helps people get into the web hosting business. Essentially, you can purchase hosting options from them and then resell these hosting services to other businesses under your own brand name. If you sign up for this, you also get free billing software included in your packaging.
In addition to these reasons, InMotion Hosting continues to innovate and improve the services that it provides. For example, the WordPress Hosting Stack powers the hosting infrastructure that serves WordPress sites. Performance is optimized by improving caching and PHP processing.
InMotion Hosting will continue to work to evolve its services as technologies change so that both new and existing customers can benefit. Choose InMotion Hosting as the best hosting for WordPress and you’ll find a company that cares for your continued success in your ventures on the internet.
Looking for more guides? We have over 400 WordPress How To Articles to help you!