Building a new website? The most important thing you need is a quality web hosting and website builder combo that works well together.. From there, it’s cake.
In this article, we’re going to talk to you about everything from determining your audience to choosing a domain name to customizing your website and, of course, the perfect hosting plan and website builder. By the end, you’ll have all the information you need to build a quality website from the ground up – even if you have no web design experience.
Find Your Purpose
Rule #1 when it comes to website building: not all sites are created equal. For example, you wouldn’t create the same kind of website for a lifestyle blog as you would for an e-commerce store.
Before you can do anything else, you have to know what you hope to accomplish with your website. Do you want to:
- Create a portfolio for your art, music, or writing?
- Promote your business?
- Share your thoughts or expertise through a blog?
- Sell a product or service?
- Provide an online outlet for client reviews?
Those are just a few examples of what individuals may want to do with their website, and you might have a completely different idea. That’s okay. Just make sure you’re clear on your mission, as that will guide everything else you do on your website.
Determine the Type of Content You Want
Once you know your purpose in building a website, you can determine the kind of content you want to include. Typical choices include:
- Home page: If you create a multi-page website, this is the first page that visitors will see. It usually offers a brief overview of your business and sets the tone for the rest of the site.
- About me: Many people don’t include an “about me” page, but we recommend it. It’s a great opportunity to tell your story and share some personal anecdotes to create a stronger connection with your audience.
- Products and services: This is where you give the details about what you do (and how much it costs). Don’t skip out on this step: if visitors can’t find your products listed on your site, they’ll go somewhere else.
- Contact: Providing a way for clients and prospects to reach you is an absolute must.
- Blog: Blogs are useful for several reasons, including improved SEO and increased community engagement. Don’t like writing? You could even include a vlog, or video blog if you wanted to.
Other page options might include customer testimonials, a podcast, image galleries, past work, or trusted partners. Again, it’s totally up to you!
What Type of Website Do You Need?
Based on your goals and the content you want to include, you can now determine the kind of site you need to build. Some of the most common are:
- Business card, or one-page, website
- Solo blog (or a website with a blog)
- Portfolio site
- E-Commerce site
Building Your Website
There are dozens of options out there when it comes to web hosting and website builder plans, but we 100% believe that Website Creator is the best option. Why? It’s a powerful all-in-one resource, so you don’t have to go searching around for different choices. From selecting a domain to setting up hosting, to actually creating your website, you can do it all (quickly and easily) with this one simple solution.
Here are just a few of the other reasons why we think it’s amazing:
Getting started: Website Creator is the perfect bundled solution for both beginners and pros alike. It comes preinstalled with BoldGrid, an easy WYSIWYG website builder, and plenty of premium features to help customize and manage your site.
Customizing your site: When you’re starting a website, you want to make sure you don’t look like everyone else out there – and BoldGrid makes it easy to achieve a completely unique look that will help you stand out. From custom background images to branded color palettes to unique menus, you can do it all.
Managing SEO: Website Creator’s built-in SEO means that you never have to worry about it. The WordPress SEO plugin by BoldGrid analyzes your page content in real-time and makes recommendations to help you maintain best SEO practices while writing content. Just set your target keyword or phrase, and BoldGrid takes care of the rest!
Create Your Own Website Today
Building a website now is easier than ever before. Tools like Website Creator, that come bundled with the right web hosting and website builder features, eliminate almost any chance of error. If you’d like to learn more, reach out to our expert service team today and find out how you can get started.