So, you’ve decided to make your first website. Bravo! It can be an amazing adventure and a great way to let your creativity shine. But you might be wondering how to choose a website builder for beginners? With so many options out there, the choice can be overwhelming.
In this article, we’re going to walk you through building your first website, step-by-step, and we’ll also tell you how to choose the right platform for your business. Now let’s get going!
Secure Web Hosting and a Domain Name
Before you can start the actual building of your website, you’re going to need two things: web hosting and a domain name.
- Web hosting: a service that connects your site to the internet and gives you a place to store all of your essential data and files
- Domain name: the name that people will type in when they go to your website – typically this is the name of your business (for instance, ours is www.inmotionhosting.com)
There are dozens of different companies that act as a web host or domain registrar, but, ideally, you should get them both from the same provider.
Choosing a Website Builder
You could create your website from scratch, but a website builder is a far easier solution for most beginners (and the end product is just as good). When it comes to selecting a website builder for beginners there are many options on the market today, it’s important to do your research and choose the right one for you and your business. Here are some key features to look for:
- Ease of use: Website builders are generally intended for people with little to no coding experience and therefore should be easy to learn and use.
- Flexibility: Does the platform offer a lot of templates, appropriate for different industries? Are they well-designed and aesthetically pleasing? How customizable are they?
- Features: Does the website builder make it easy to create a blog or e-commerce site? Does it have built-in SEO? What about back-ups and security? The more it can do (without you having to purchase pricey add-ons), the better.
- Support: If you have a problem with your website builder, you should be able to receive support – whether it’s 10 am or 10 pm. In addition, they should offer a variety of support options from telephone to live chat to email, so you can reach them in whatever way is most convenient for you.
Sign Up for a Plan
Most website builders offer several plans, usually starting with a free option and moving all the way up to a “pro” version (or something similar). What you choose will depend entirely on your website’s needs, so it’s important to know what they are before signing a contract.
Rest assured that no matter what you need, there is a plan for everybody – and, yes, it is totally possible to build your site for absolutely zero dollars if that’s what you want to do.
Choose Your Template
Once you’ve followed the above steps, you can start doing the fun stuff! After choosing a website builder and signing up for a plan, you’ll be able to dive in and start creating. The first step, of course, is selecting a template for your website.
Templates provide the framework for your website – they dictate how your site looks, where your menus will be, what color scheme is used, what the sidebars and headers look like, and more. What you choose will set the tone for your entire site, but don’t worry if you don’t get it right the first time: most website builders will allow you to switch your theme as often as you like.
After your template is installed, you can customize your site. Website builders make it easy to create a completely unique site with options like:
- Adding custom menus and forms
- Changing fonts and colors of text
- Creating image galleries
- Choosing a different color palette
- Adding widgets
- And much more!
Get a Website Builder for Beginners
Creating a website might sound daunting, but the right website builder makes it easy, even for beginners. Website Creator is the perfect bundled solution for beginners and business owners. It is built on the WordPress platform, with an easy website builder called BoldGrid pre-installed and web hosting included.
To learn more about how you can use Website Creator to build your own custom website (usually within a matter of hours!), reach out today. When it comes to getting started with a website builder for beginners, this package can’t be beat. Our knowledgeable support staff is always available to answer any of your questions.