These days, if you want to connect with your clientele, then you are going to have to use social media. Platforms like Twitter and Facebook aren’t just about friends sharing updates on their personal lives; these platforms are also invaluable channels to market to your customers.
Ways to Integrate Social Media
So, if you have a website, it is imperative that you integrate it as much as possible with your social media. Here are some tips on how to do just that:
- Add Social Media Buttons—One of the best things that you can do is to add a social media button (or a row of them) to your website. This is a visual means of getting people to sign up and follow you. By putting the buttons at the top of the page, you are ensuring that they see them quickly and can join without having to leave the site. In fact, the best thing to do is have the buttons open a new page on the browser so that they can still surf your website after following you.
- And Don’t Forget Share Buttons—If you are running an online store, share buttons are a great way to highlight your inventory. If a customer sees an item that they like or want, they can hit the share button and their followers will now see your product. This can help use other people to advertise your goods for you.
- Display Your Social Media Feed—Another great way to integrate social media is to display your Facebook or Twitter feed directly on your website. This way, readers can see samples of the content you are adding to your page so they can decide if they want to follow you. Think of this as a means of selling your social media feed to them. When it comes to displaying your feed and adding these social media buttons, a good web design package is essential to make sure that it works fluidly. Website Creator is a great methods for optimizing your social media content on your webpage.
- Keep Updated—Social media is changing at such a rapid pace, it is sometimes impossible to keep up with it all. But you need to do so as much as possible. You need to know the terminology for each media platform (likes, followers, etc.) and you also need to have the most updated links and buttons on your website. (It doesn’t help if a platform updates or tweaks their logo and you are still using the old one to promote your feed.)
- Use Your Data—There are numerous plugins and apps that can also help you analyze your social media data in much the same way as Google Analytics. Paying close attention to this data can help you know what posts are getting the most views and when is the optimum time to post.
- Don’t Over-extend Yourself—One of the biggest problems with trying to integrate social media is to overdo it. If you tried to update and keep track of posts on every form of social media out there, you would quickly have a nervous breakdown. Instead, choose two (no more than three) platforms to focus your energy on. If you wind up with a Twitter feed that hasn’t been updated in six months, then you’re going to lose the confidence of those who follow you and not gain other new followers.
Keeping Social Media in the Forefront
Social media has become the king of content marketing. In order to have a successful business online, you are going to have to be a savvy user of this platform. By integrating your website with your social media accounts, you can ensure that you create a successful social media campaign.