Feeling crafty? Nothing lets you flex your creative muscle more than a DIY website builder.
The fact is, some people just like to be in control. They don’t want to leave the look and feel of their website up to someone else who might not “get it.” But at the same time, many worry that designing their own website requires a level of skill that they don’t possess.
Don’t worry! Today’s website builders are user-friendly, intuitive, and easy-to-use. Even a complete novice can log on and create a unique, professional-looking site within a matter of minutes, no coding experience necessary.
Further, building your own website is almost always better for your budget. Why? Because when you’re in control, you can have as many do-overs as you want – without extra fees.
Keep reading to learn more about DIYing your own website and the tools you can use to do it:
People DIY all kinds of stuff: Face masks, lampshades, bird feeders. You name it, someone has crafted it at home.
But a website is more complicated, right? That’s not something just anyone can throw together in their free time. Actually – it is. And these days, it’s crazy easy.
Here are just a few reasons we’re team DIY:
- Anyone can do it: And we mean anyone! You, your staff, probably even your 7-year-old. The best part about using a DIY website builder is that it requires absolutely no coding knowledge. Most use an easy drag-and-drop format, allowing the user to simply choose the elements they’d like to include and drop them onto the page with a simple click of the mouse.
- Work on the go: Business owners are, well, busy. Using a website builder means you can log on and work on your pages no matter where you are, whether it’s sitting on the train or sitting at your child’s baseball game.
- No design experience needed: You don’t need an art degree or a history in graphic design to create a beautiful website. Website builders include professionally-designed templates that make creating a unique look a total breeze. All of the elements are already there, right down to color palette, so you don’t have to think about a thing.
- No wait time: Website designers are often booked out months in advance, so you just wait and wait and wait. But with a website builder, you can quickly have your own site up and running within a matter of hours.
- Maintenance is simple: In addition to making design simple, website builders also make the ongoing maintenance that comes with running a website easy to do. From design changes to routine updates, you can quickly hop on your computer and make it happen.
Getting started with an easy-to-use DIY website builder
These days, there are lots of options out there. Frankly, most of them are pretty good. But when it comes to your website, do you want to settle for “pretty good?” Or do you want great?
If you’re looking for a great website builder, we suggest BoldGrid for WordPress. BoldGrid is a simple, yet highly effective, DIY solution. Here are a few of our favorite features:
- 200+ included website templates ensure that you will find a design perfectly suited to your business.
- Pre-written content (created by industry experts) makes it easy to find something appropriate for your niche. Don’t like what you see? No problem – all of the content can be modified by you.
- A simple drag-and-drop editor easily makes changes across the whole site or page-by-page.
- An included real-time SEO tool helps you make improvements to your content, so your site gets seen by more people
- It’s easy to create and add custom forms and menus
- All designs are mobile-responsive – which means your site will look great no matter where your audience is logging on
A DIY website builder is the perfect way to get your business online on your own terms. Reach out to our friendly, professional service team to find out how you can get started today.