How to install a WordPress plugin using the built in plugin search
This tutorial will assist you with installing a WordPress plugin using the WordPress built in plugin search tool.
The first thing you will need to do is Log into the Wordpress Dashboard. To do this, access your Wordpress blog and add /wp-admin to the end of the url. For example, if your blog is located at domain.com, you can access domain.com/wp-admin to get to the login page.
Steps to use built in Wordpress plugin search tool
- After you have logged into your WordPress admin page, click "Add New" under "Plugins".
- Using the search feature, search for a plugin.
- In this example, we searched for "facebook". If you find a plugin that you're interested in, click "Details" to find out more information on that particular plugin. If you would like to use the plugin, click "Install Now".
- After clicking "Install Now", you may receive a prompt asking you if you're sure. If you are, click "OK".
- After the plugin has been installed, click "Activate Plugin" to activate and begin using it.
We value your feedback!
There is a step or detail missing from the instructions.
The information is incorrect or out-of-date.
It does not resolve the question/problem I have.
new! - Enter your name and email address above and we will post your feedback in the comments on this page!