Since you have now installed BuddyPress you'll need to configure it. If you have not installed BuddyPress and wish to install it please read our article on Installing BuddyPress.
To configure BuddyPress you'll need to log into your WordPress dashboard. In the left menu pane select "BuddyPress" and you will be presented with the BuddyPress settings interface.
- Extended Profiles: This allows your users fully editable profiles so they can describe themselves
- Account Settings: This option allows your users to modify their account and notification settings directly from their profiles.
- Friend Connections: This allows your users to connect to one another and track others’ activity.
- Private Messaging: This allows your users to communicate amongst themselves. Messages can be grouped to multiple users not just one-on-one.
- Activity Streams: This allows for activity stream for global, personal, and group commenting, posting, favoriting and mentions
- User Groups: Groups allow users to organize themselves into specific sections.
- Discussion Forums: This allows groups to communicate at a more conventional and in-dpeth manner. NOTE: requires additional configuration
- Site Tracking: Make BuddyPress aware of new posts and new comments from your site.
- Members: Displays member profiles and a directory of all site members
- Site Activity: Displays the activity for the entire site, a member’s friends, groups, and @mentions
- Groups: Displays individual groups and a directory of groups.
- Forums: Displays a directory of public forum topics
- Register: Displays a site registration page where users can create new accounts.
- Activate: This page users visit to activate their account once they have registered.
This page allows you to decide how permalinks function on your BuddyPress site. If you are unfamilar with permalinks please see our article on WordPress Premalinks.
This page allows you to further customize the look and feel of your BuddyPress site by using a theme. For the purposes of this tutorial we'll be using the default BuddyPress theme.
Don't forget to click the "finish & activate" button on the uppoer right corner of the page. Now, when you visit your website in a web browser you show see the default installation as in the image below.
If you need further assistance please feel free to contact our support department.
Thank you for your feedback!