Requesting a CSR for 3rd Party SSLs in AMP
When you either purchase a third party SSL or are transferring an existing SSL from another host over to us, you will need a Certificate Signing Request, also known as a CSR. The CSR gives server and domain specific information to the SSL issuer so the certificate they provide will only be usable for your domain on a specific server. This article guides you on how to request a CSR through your Account Management Panel (AMP).
Requesting a Certificate Signing Request
- Log into your Account Management Panel (AMP).
- Select the Simple CSR Request for 3rd party SSL icon.
- Read the page to determine if you really need a CSR. If so, continue by clicking on the Request a CSR button.
- Next you will begin the steps to get your CSR. First, you must enter the specific name you will use for the CSR. Typically this is just the domain name (ex: example.com) but you may wish to be more specific and use a subdomain name for your store (ex: store.example.com, cart.example.com, secure.example.com). Click on the Continue button to go to the next step.
- Now you will fill out this form with your information. Be sure it is all correct. Click on the Continue button when you are finished.
Email Address Your contact email address. Certificate Name The domain name you want the CSR for. City Your city location for your business. State State in which your business is located. Country Use the two character abbreviation for your country. Company Name The official name of your company. Division Name of your company division. Leave blank if not applicable.
- You are now presented with the CSR based on the information you entered in the previous step. Copy and paste this information into an email to send to your SSL Provider. Once you have received the files from them, click Continue to move to the final step.
- Upload the files from your SSL provider and fill out the billing information so our team can install the new SSL onto your site.
Support Center Login
Social Media Login
2015-09-28 4:32 am
I can't get past the Request CSR by filling in information below because there are no questions below.
2015-09-28 8:37 am
Sorry for the problem with CSR. We're not sure how you're getting to the Simple CSR Request. When we test here, it's definitely working. Can you describe the specific steps you're taking? Screenshots would also help, if possible. You should be in AMP to get to this request, so just to be sure we're on the same page, you should be clicking on the Simple CSR Request for 3rd party SSL icon. Give us a little more information on what's happening and we can investigate the issue further.
If you have any further questions or comments, please let us know.