How to give (or remove) shell access to cPanel accounts
Written by Brad Markle
Published: Dec 1, 2011
Last Modified: Aug 16, 2013
When creating and managing cPanel accounts within WHM, you can decide whether to allow them shell access or not.
How to allow shell access when creating a cPanel account
- When creating a new cPanel account, select the option, "Select Options Manually"
- After doing this, you will see the option to allow or prevent "Shell Access"
How to allow shell access for a previously created cPanel account
- Log into WHM
- Click "Modify an Account" under "Account Functions"
- Select the account in questions and click "Modify"
- Select (or deselect) "Shell Access" under "Account Privileges" to grant (or remove) shell access.
- Click "Save"
Did you find this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback!
Would you like to provide any additional feedback?
Optional, but our team may contact you for more information.
Like this Article? Tweet
Here are a few questions related to this article that our customers have asked:
Ooops! It looks like there are no questions about this page.
Would you like to ask a question about this page? If so, click the button below!