How to give (or remove) shell access to cPanel accounts
When creating and managing cPanel accounts within WHM, you can decide whether to allow them shell access or not.
How to allow shell access when creating a cPanel account
- When creating a new cPanel account, select the option, "Select Options Manually"
- After doing this, you will see the option to allow or prevent "Shell Access"
How to allow shell access for a previously created cPanel account
- Log into WHM
- Click "Modify an Account" under "Account Functions"
- Select the account in questions and click "Modify"
- Select (or deselect) "Shell Access" under "Account Privileges" to grant (or remove) shell access.
- Click "Save"
Did you find this article helpful?
We value your feedback!
Why was this article not helpful? (Check all that apply)The article is too difficult or too technical to follow.
There is a step or detail missing from the instructions.
The information is incorrect or out-of-date.
It does not resolve the question/problem I have.
How did you find this article?
Please tell us how we can improve this article:
new! - Enter your name and email address above and we will post your feedback in the comments on this page!
Here are a few questions related to this article that our customers have asked:
Ooops! It looks like there are no questions about this page.
Would you like to ask a question about this page? If so, click the button below!