How to publish using Microsoft Publisher
The following tutorial will assist you with publishing your website using Microsoft Publisher.
- Open Microsoft Publisher, and then open the website you have developed.
Click, "File", "Publish to the Web..."
If you receive a generic message regarding, "To publish your Web site, you need to subscribe to a Web Hosting provider." Click OK to continue.
- You will see a window asking you to save the file as index.htm. Change index.htm to ftp://yourdomain.com (replace yourdomain.com with your actual domain name) and click Save.
In the, "FTP Log On" window:
- Select, "User"
- Enter your cPanel username as the User
- Enter your cPanel password as the Password
- click OK
If you receive a dialog box from Windows asking, "Do you want to keep blocking this program?" click Unblock.
- Your website files need to be uploaded to your public_html folder. Double click, "public_html" to open this folder. If your website is going to be directly in the document root then you don't need to do anything further. If your website will be in a separate folder, then you need to look for the folder where your files will be saved and click it. For example, if you are publishing your website into a folder called "blog", then the website path may look like http://document_root.com/blog.
- Click, "Save"
Important! Make sure to click on the folder where your website files will be located before saving.
If you receive a warning regarding, "Publisher has created a filtered HTML version..." click OK to continue.
You will see a ,"Publishing HTML file(s)..." message. When this has completed, your website has been uploaded!
Thank you for your feedback!