How to gain root access to your server
Our VPS and Dedicated hosting accounts have the ability to gain root access to their servers. Root access is granted by default, but you can easily request root access from within your Account Management Panel (AMP)
- Log into your Account Management Panel (AMP)
- Under "Additional Services" click "Other"
- On the next page, click the account in question
- From the list of options, click "Request Root Access"
- Read over the root access disclosure and click that you agree
- For security reasons, when you have root access, you'll also need to have your own dedicated nameservers (such as ns1.yourdomain.com and ns2.yourdomain.com), enter these on the next page.
Like this Article? Tweet
If you need some help, submit your question to our Community!
We guarantee a response within 60 minutes (8am - 9pm EST, Monday - Friday)