How to give (or remove) shell access to cPanel accountsWritten by Brad Markle
When creating and managing cPanel accounts within WHM, you can decide whether to allow them shell access or not.
How to allow shell access when creating a cPanel account
- When creating a new cPanel account, select the option, "Select Options Manually"
- After doing this, you will see the option to allow or prevent "Shell Access"
How to allow shell access for a previously created cPanel account
- Log into WHM
- Click "Modify an Account" under "Account Functions"
- Select the account in questions and click "Modify"
- Select (or deselect) "Shell Access" under "Account Privileges" to grant (or remove) shell access.
- Click "Save"
Like this Article? Tweet
If you need some help, submit your question to our Community!
We guarantee a response within 60 minutes (8am - 9pm EST, Monday - Friday)