Configuring your site in WS_FTP
Click here to watch a video tutorial
All of our Business Hosting, VPS Hosting, and Dedicated Servers include FTP access. In this tutorial, we'll walk you through the steps for configuring your FTP settings in WS_FTP so you can connect to your server and upload files.
Before attempting to connect, be sure you have your cPanel username and password ready, as this will be your FTP username and password.
To configure your FTP site in WS_FTP:
- Open WS_FTP
- In the top menu, under Connections click Site Manager
- Click Create Site...
- Enter a Site Name and click Next
- Select FTP as the Connection Type and click Next
- Enter example.com (replace with your actual domain name) as your Server Address
- Enter your FTP username and password, and then click Next
- Double check your settings and click Finish. Congratulations, you have now connected to your account over FTP with WS_FTP!
Managing your files in WS_FTP
For more information on managing your files using WS_FTP please watch the following video tutorial:
Transferring files in WS_FTP
For more information about transferring your files using WS_FTP please watch the following video tutorial: