How to connect using FTP and WinSCPWritten by Tim Sisson
WinSCP is a free ftp program you can use manage your files on your hosting account. WinSCP gives you the ability to upload, download, and modify files on the server. Please keep in mind, if you are on a shared server, you cannot use the SFTP functionality in WinSCP since it requires SSH access.
- Download WinSCP
- Run the downloaded file to install it
- Follow the installation wizard instructions
- Choose “Typical Installation” and click “Next”
- Choose the “Commander” interface you want to use and click “Next”
- Click “Install” and then “Finish”
- Now, you’ll need to configure the settings to connect to the server. Fill in the fields as follows:
- Click “Login”
Host Name: your domain name
User name: your cPanel username
Password: your cPanel Password
File Protocol: Select FTP from the dropdown (If you are trying to have an encrypted connection, you can change the setting in File Protocol to TLS passive encryption)
If you need further assistance please feel free to ask a question on our support center.