How to use a PayPal Buy Now Button
How to create a PayPal Buy Now Button:
- Log into your PayPal account. If you don't have a PayPal account, sign up for one.
- Search the PayPal site for "buy now buttons" and then click the result that says Buy Now Buttons
- On the next page, click the Create your buy now button
- Fill out the details under "Step1. Choose your button type and enter your payment details"
- Review the optional Step 2 and Step 3 fields to see if there is anything extra you want to add
- Click Create Button
- On the next page, it will give you the code you should put in your site to load the buy now button
<form action="https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr" method="post"> <input type="hidden" name="cmd" value="_s-xclick"> <input type="hidden" name="hosted_button_id" value="FBNJ8GAKLBQJA"> <input type="image" src="https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/i/btn/btn_buynowCC_LG.gif" border="0" name="submit" alt="PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!"> <img alt="" border="0" src="https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/i/scr/pixel.gif" width="1" height="1"> </form>
The above code was generated for us during our testing. When you insert the code above, it will look like this:
If you click the button, it won't automatically purchase any items, so feel free to click the button above to see what it actually looks like.
How to insert the Buy Now Button HTML code on your website:
In the last step above, PayPal gives you the HTML code that will display your Buy Now Button. Find in your code exactly where you want the button to go and then paste the code. Most web design applications allow for you to insert HTML code, and that's all you'll need to do. For example, if you're using our Premium Site Builder, you can insert the HTML code using the Script Module.
We value your feedback!
There is a step or detail missing from the instructions.
The information is incorrect or out-of-date.
It does not resolve the question/problem I have.
Post a Comment
Do you want to publish a tutorial to our support center?