E-Commerce: Step 6 - Configuring SSL
E-Commerce Getting Started Guide
After you have chosen whether you would like your online store to use Shared or Dedicated SSL, the next step is to configure your store with the appropriate SSL settings. We've compiled a list of links below that will help get you started.
Premium Website Builder - eShop
Determine your eShop's URL
- Publish your site with the eShop module enabled
- Visit your site, access the eShop, and take note of the URL. The URL should look similar to http://domain.com/page10.php
Determine your eShop's Secure URL
If you're using the Shared SSL Certificate, first determine your Shared SSL URL. To do this, you'll need to reference your welcome email to find what server you're on. For example, you may be on ecbiz83.inmotionhosting.com. To get your Shared SSL URL, replace the letters before the server number with 'secure'. For example, if you're on ecbiz83.inmotionhosting.com, you'll change it to secure83.inmotionhosting.com. Then add your cPanel username to the end of the url, in this format: secure83.inmotionhosting.com/~userna5. Finally, add https:// to the beginning, as in https://secure83.inmotionhosting.com/~userna5. If your eShop is named page10.php, then your full Secure URL will be https://secure83.inmotionhosting.com/~userna5/page10.php
If you're using a Dedicated SSL Certificate, your eShop's secure url will be the same as the standard URL, except you will need to add an 's' after 'http' so that it looks like https://domain.com/page10.php
Configure your eShop as an external link
- Log into your Premium Website Builder account, and access your eShop page in the "Step 4. Edit" page.
- Uncheck the "Show this page in site map" option, click "Step 3. Pages", and click "Yes" to apply the changes.
- On "Step 3. Pages", check "External Page" under "Special Pages" and click the ">" button.
- Under "Your Site Structure", check the newly added "External Page", and click the "Rename" button on the lower right. Then rename the link to what you would like it to show as in your menu, such as "Shop".
- Click "Step 4. Edit", and click "Yes" to apply the changes.
- When on "Step 4. Edit", click the page name of your external link under "Site Map"
- In the "URL" field, enter your eShop's Secure URL (which you found above)
- Click "Step 5. Publish", click "Yes" to apply the changes, and then click "Publish".
Did you find this article helpful?
We value your feedback!
Why was this article not helpful? (Check all that apply)The article is too difficult or too technical to follow.
There is a step or detail missing from the instructions.
The information is incorrect or out-of-date.
It does not resolve the question/problem I have.
How did you find this article?
Please tell us how we can improve this article:
new! - Enter your name and email address above and we will post your feedback in the comments on this page!
Like this Article? Tweet
Here are a few questions related to this article that our customers have asked:
Ooops! It looks like there are no questions about this page.
Would you like to ask a question about this page? If so, click the button below!