How do I create a MySQL database in my control panel (cpanel)?
Click here to watch a video tutorial
When you create a database, many users are unaware that there are several other items that you need to do as well. The new database creation process actually involves:
- Creating a database
- Creating a database user
- Giving your database user access to work with your database
Luckily for us, cPanel includes a MySQL Database Wizard that walks you through each of these steps.
Creating a database in cPanel using the MySQL Database Wizard:
- Log into your cPanel
- Click the MySQL Database Wizard under the Databases heading
- Next to New Database enter a name for your database and click Next Step
- Next to Username enter a username.
- Enter a password next to Password, enter it again for Password (Again) and then click Create User
- On the next page, you'll assign privileges for the user to the database. Check the box next to All Privileges and then click Next Step.
Congratulations, you have just successfully created a database!
Now that the database is set up in your cPanel, you will need to add a user to the database. Please see our article on How to create and attach a database user in cPanel.
We value your feedback!
There is a step or detail missing from the instructions.
The information is incorrect or out-of-date.
It does not resolve the question/problem I have.
new! - Enter your name and email address above and we will post your feedback in the comments on this page!
2014-04-08 11:04 am
How I can fix it this trouble.... I try in this point everything. Like delete all the DB, reset the domain, try with other versions but nothing work... I try install a old version from PrestaShop 22.214.171.124. But I have the same error always:
Not found Server database. Please check the fields for username, password and server (DbPDO)
I check everything but I cant found what is wrong
2014-04-08 12:49 pm
How are you installing the program? There should be a file that contains the username, database name, and password for your server. The server name for our hosting servers should be 'localhost'.
You can check the settings to ensure they match the database and use you have created. The file for those settings is settings.inc.php and is located in your /config folder.