Using cPanel's Simple GuestBook scriptWritten by Jacob Nicholson
In this article we'll discuss using cPanel's CGI Center to setup the Simple GuestBook CGI script on your website. This is a very easy basic way to get a guestbook up and running on your website to capture comments from your visitors.
- Login to your cPanel
- Under the Software/Services section click CGI Center.
- Next click on the Simple GuestBook link.
- Now you'll want to highlight the text under the Copy and paste the HTML below into your web page section, and then hit (Ctrl-C) to copy the text, then hit the Home icon towards the top-right.
- Back at the main cPanel page, under the Files section click on File Manager.
- Select Web Root (public_html/www) as your directory to open, then click Go.
- Towards the top-left click on New File.
- Under New File Name: enter in guestbook.htm then click on Create New File.
- Now you should see your guestbook.htm file in the file manager, and you can right-click on the filename, and then click on Edit. A Text Editor window will pop-up talking about character encoding, you can simply leave it set to utf-8 and then click on Edit.
- Now in the text editor you can hit (Ctrl-V) to paste the GuestBook code into the editor, then click on Save Changes up at the top-right.
- You can now try to pull up the guestbook from http://YourDomain.com/guestbook.htm, go ahead and fill out the fields then click on Sign Guestbook.
- You should then be presented with a confirmation page showing your guestbook entry was successful.
- Back in cPanel if you click on the CGI Center, then Simple GuestBook again, you can now click on Manage Guestbook.
- You'll be presented with a list of all of your Guestbook entries, and you have the option now to delete any of them that you wish as well.
You should now understand how to use the Simple GuestBook script that is provided in the cPanel CGI Center on your website.
Like this Article? Tweet
If you need some help, submit your question to our Community!
We guarantee a response within 60 minutes (8am - 9pm EST, Monday - Friday)