Using cPanel's Simple GuestBook script
In this article we'll discuss using cPanel's CGI Center to setup the Simple GuestBook CGI script on your website. This is a very easy basic way to get a guestbook up and running on your website to capture comments from your visitors.
- Login to your cPanel
- Under the Software/Services section click CGI Center.
- Next click on the Simple GuestBook link.
- Now you'll want to highlight the text under the Copy and paste the HTML below into your web page section, and then hit (Ctrl-C) to copy the text, then hit the Home icon towards the top-right.
- Back at the main cPanel page, under the Files section click on File Manager.
- Select Web Root (public_html/www) as your directory to open, then click Go.
- Towards the top-left click on New File.
- Under New File Name: enter in guestbook.htm then click on Create New File.
- Now you should see your guestbook.htm file in the file manager, and you can right-click on the filename, and then click on Edit. A Text Editor window will pop-up talking about character encoding, you can simply leave it set to utf-8 and then click on Edit.
- Now in the text editor you can hit (Ctrl-V) to paste the GuestBook code into the editor, then click on Save Changes up at the top-right.
- You can now try to pull up the guestbook from http://YourDomain.com/guestbook.htm, go ahead and fill out the fields then click on Sign Guestbook.
- You should then be presented with a confirmation page showing your guestbook entry was successful.
- Back in cPanel if you click on the CGI Center, then Simple GuestBook again, you can now click on Manage Guestbook.
- You'll be presented with a list of all of your Guestbook entries, and you have the option now to delete any of them that you wish as well.
Thank you for your feedback!