My Account has been moved to another server
Occasionally, our system administrators need to move accounts to another server. Anytime a server move is performed by our systems administrators they will notify you with the new details of your account.
This article outlines information about server migrations. If instead you actually looking for information on how you can request your account to be moved to another server, please review our article entitled I need a different version of PHP/MySQL.
Account Moves and Downtime
Account moves usually do not result in any downtime for your website. The account will be left on the old server for up to 24 hours to allow the new account to propagate. Due to caching and propagation, you may need to use the temporary urls listed in AMP until your new server has fully propagated.
Things to be aware of after a Server Move
- If you are a FrontPage use you may be required to uninstall and reinstall your FrontPage extensions. Please see our tutorial on installing FrontPage Extensions for more details.
- If you use webmail, specifically address books or calendar functions, please log into webmail and verify those items have moved correctly.
- If you use the shared SSL on the server, please note that this has changed and you will have to update all references to your SSL. This may include your incoming/ outgoing settings for email clients, shopping carts, paypal return URLs, etc.
- If you use third party or custom DNS services, you will need to manually update your A-records to point to the new IP address of the server.
- If you have any specific references or modifications on the server that houses your account, including symlinks, direct paths, document root changes, or references to the server, these will need to be updated once the move has been completed.
If you find you need further assistance please feel free to contact our support department.
Dedicated Server That's All Yours
With a dedicated server, there is no need to worry about downtime or having your files moved. Instead, your server is yours, and how you manage it is up to you. Learn more about InMotion's dedicated server offerings here.
We value your feedback!
There is a step or detail missing from the instructions.
The information is incorrect or out-of-date.
It does not resolve the question/problem I have.
new! - Enter your name and email address above and we will post your feedback in the comments on this page!