Creating a full cPanel Backup at your previous host
If you’re a new customer, and your previous hosting provider user cPanel, transferring your website is easy. You’ll need to create a full cPanel backup at your previous host so our systems administrators can use it to restore your website and emails on your new InMotion Hosting account.
Please keep in mind, for this tutorial we’ll show you how to create a full cPanel backup in InMotion Hosting’s cPanel. You MUST perform this backup at your previous host and NOT InMotion Hosting.
- Log into your previous hosting provider’s cPanel
- Find the icon “Backup Wizard” and click on it
- Click “Backup”
- Select “Full Backup”
- From the “Backup Destination” select “Home Directory”
- Once the backup is complete, you’ll need to use FTP or cPanel’s file manager to download the backup to your local computer. To do this navigiate to the "Backups" in cPanel
- Click on "Download or Generate a Full Website Backup"
- Click the backup you want to download
If you want to be notified via email when the backup is complete type in a valid email address. Please keep in mind depending on how large your website is, backups can take a while to run. It’s best to be notified when your backup is complete so you do not need to keep checking for it.
If you need further assistance please feel free to ask a question on our support center website.
We value your feedback!
There is a step or detail missing from the instructions.
The information is incorrect or out-of-date.
It does not resolve the question/problem I have.
new! - Enter your name and email address above and we will post your feedback in the comments on this page!