How to Use Google Apps to Host Your Mail
In your Dedicated Hosting plan you have plenty of room to host many email accounts, but if you have a Google Apps account for your home or business, you can continue using your Google mail hosting services with a few modifications in your cPanel.
Using the MX Entry tool, as we will cover in this article, you can point the mail traffic for your domain to Google and use your InMotion Hosting dedicated server for your other web hosting needs.
How to Point MX Records to Google
In order to point your domain to Google, you will need to log into cPanel and add these Google MX Records (below) to your domain:
Follow the steps below to add these records:
- Log into cPanel
- Under Mail choose MX Entry
- Select the Domain you would like to route mail traffic for
- The MX entry fields will appear
- Fill in the priority number and mail server hostname for the first entry above from Google
- Click the Add New Record button
- Repeat the above step for the next four records
- After you have added all of the Google MX records you will see them listed below
- You can now delete the default record that was configured originally
- Change the Email Routing to Remote Mail Exchanger
Well done! You now know how to point your MX record to use Google Apps mail services.