Assigning your products to categories in PrestaShop 1.6
Once you have created and priced your product, you will want to add it to a category so that it is easily found in your store. You can associate products with more than one category. You will also want to assign them to as many relevant categories as possible. This tutorial walks you through the basics of assigning a product to a category in PrestaShop 1.6.
How to add your product to a category
- Log into the admin interface.
- From the main dashboard screen, first click on the Catalog and then the Products tab.
- From your main Products list page, click on the Edit button on the row of your selected product.
- From the main Information page fo the product, click on the Associations tab.
- This is the Associations tab. From here, select the Expand All tab so you can see full category list.
- From here, select on all relevant categories for your product. In our example, we selected the Televisions category. Note that the Home category is also selected by default. You may deselect that if you wish. If you need to create a new category to add to the list, click the Create new category link.
- If you have selected more than one category for your product, you will need to choose one of them to be the Default category. If you only selected one category, it will be the only one in the dropdown to select.
- The Accessories field allows you to list other products to go along with this one. As you begin typing in the product name it will appear in the field.
- The last field is where you will select the manufacturer from the dropdown list. If you need to add the manufacturer, click on the Create New Manufacturer link.
- Once you have added all the category information for your product, click on either the Save and Stay or the Save buttons to save the data.
We value your feedback!
There is a step or detail missing from the instructions.
The information is incorrect or out-of-date.
It does not resolve the question/problem I have.
new! - Enter your name and email address above and we will post your feedback in the comments on this page!
2014-05-21 1:38 am
Hi, I am looking for more than one category assigned in one product. Is it possible. E.g - A unisex beauty cream for both men and women category.
Can you help me in this point.
2014-05-21 8:00 am
Within the Associated Categories section, you may select as many checkboxes as apply to place the product in multiple categories.