2011.12.09 9:50am EST
Our System Administration Team has identified a routing issue within our network hindering some of our VPS and fully Dedicated customers' ability to reach their servers. This is not affecting any of our shared servers.

We are working to identify the source of the issue and resolve it as quickly as possible. If you think you are affected by this, please perform a ping/tracert, and send the results to support@inmotionhosting.com.

Should you wish to call, feel free, but queue times may be a bit longer than normal. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you and appreciate your patience.

2011.12.09 10:30am EST
After further review, our System Administration Team believes to have found the cause of this morning's routing issue, and is currently taking steps to resolve the issue.

2011.12.09 1:30pm EST
Our System Administration Team believes they have successfully resolved most of the routing issues form this morning, however a few Dedicated servers may still be experiencing problems. If you continue to experience problems, please contact our support department for further assistance.

We value your feedback!

Why was this article not helpful? (Check all that apply)
The article is too difficult or too technical to follow.
There is a step or detail missing from the instructions.
The information is incorrect or out-of-date.
It does not resolve the question/problem I have.
How did you find this article?
Please tell us how we can improve our Support Center:
Email Address
Optional, but our team may contact you for more information.
Like this Article?

Comments

2011-12-09 11:06 am
I just wanted to state that the support I received during this outage was terrible. Zero response from your Facebook account or Twitter accounts (ironically, not a peep from @InMotionCares). When I finally got through to tech support chat, agents just kept copying and pasting the same message to me, but didn't care to have a conversation with me like I was a human. Pretty awful customer support. Don't get me wrong--when my server is running, it's great--but when things go down, it's like you guys scatter (at least from a customer perspective). Too bad.
Staff
6,907 Points
2011-12-09 11:45 am
Hi Philip,

Thanks for posting your comments. I'm more than happy to help you. I do apologize for your recent support experiences. At this point, our technical support staff does not have any more information to release other than the response you received.

As more information becomes available we will be releasing updates on this page.

Feedback from our customers in any form, positive or negative, is very important to us. If there's something I can help you with specifically please let me know.

Sincerely,

Tim S
2011-12-15 2:13 pm
Just wanted to say that Tim E in support chat was very helpful today (in an unrelated issue). Thank you.