Updates to the InMotion Hosting cPanel
To improve our products and services, our Systems team has worked to update the cPanel software. The changes are primarily visual, but they include some internal upgrades to help with compatibility and security as well as an option that will help you to manage your website. The following article lists these updates for you.
cPanel Upgrade to Version 11.34
Note that the upgrade does not change the interface and way that it functions. The upgrade is part of an ongoing effort to address compatibility, security and performance issues. As you may have noticed over the past few months some of these changes have been made that affect the way that these programs look when you view them in a browser. Primarily, you will have seen updates to the following:
Again, the changes mainly affect the appearance, but the ongoing upgrades also address compatibility and security issues.
Updated Testing and Compatibility Findings:
As per the cPanel release notes, the developers have been testing the cPanel to address operating system and internet browser issues. The following list details the latest updates:
- cPanel 11.34 Updates includes browser testing in the following operating systems: Windows 7, Mac OSX 10.6-10.8, iPad iOs 5.x.
- cPanel has been tested compatible with Google Chrome 20, Mozilla Firefox 12, Microsoft Internet Explorer 8-9.
- cPanel has also been tested but found to have limited compatibility with Safari for iPad.
Monitor Resource Tool
One of the new tools available to help manage your website is the Monitor Resource Usage tool . This tool is found in the LOGS section. When you click on the icon, you can get a quick report on your website's resource CPU usage over time. Here's an example of the graph that can be generated by the tool to help see a historical view of your CPU usage:
If you find yourself having issues with resource usage, make sure to check out our documentation in the Support Center to help with this issue:
- What should I do if my account uses excessive resources?
- If you are working with with a VPS or Dedicated server account, you have more options. Check out this article for more information on monitoring your account: Advanced server load monitoring.
Updates for the cPanel do occur regularly and may often never be seen or have an effect on your everyday use of your InMotion Hosting account. These updates are purely for improving the product by providing a stable, secure and efficient interface to help you manage your website. For more information on the cPanel, please see the cPanel Educational channel starting with What is cPanel?. If you require further assistance, please contact InMotion Hosting Technical Support via phone/chat/email.