Using Message Highlighting in SquirrelMail
SquirrelMail offers a feature called "Message Highlighting" to help make searching your inbox easier. It allows you to have emails color coded by specific criteria. This helps you when you log in and see the different message colors. For example, if emails from your family are set to be green, you can easily scan your inbox and know if you have received any emails from your family by looking for green rows. Below we demonstrate how to set up message highlighting in SquirrelMail.
How to use message highlighting in SquirrelMail
- Log into your SquirrelMail.
- Click on the Options link in the top menu.
- Click on the Message Highlighting category option.
- Here you will see the list of existing rules. To add an additional rule, click on Add.
- From here you will set the criteria for a new rule.
Identifying Name This is a name for you to identify the rule by. It can be anything you like. Color Select the color you want to use for highlighting. You can choose either from the dropdown, enter the code in the Other field, or select an option from the color palette. Criteria Dropdown Here you will choose the criteria the rule is based on. The dropdown has the following options: From, To, CC, To or CC, and Subject. Matches This is what you want the criteria to match. Perhaps you chose 'From', here you will enter the email address for which you want to add the highlighting. Or perhaps you chose 'Subject', you will enter the subject you want to highlight.
- After entering your criteria, click Save Changes.
- You are returned to the Message Highlighting list page where you can see all current rules. From here you can click Add to create a new rule or Done to finish.