How to change settings in SpamAssassin
With spam comprising almost 80% of all emails sent across the planet, it is definitely important to try and filter them out as best you can. With a tool like SpamAssassin, each email will be evaluated against a score standard and either allowed to pass to your mailbox or flagged as spam and dealt with accordingly. With a range of 0-10, the default setting for SpamAssassin is 5, which is right in the middle. The guide below will help you in changing the spam score in your SpamAssassin tool.
Changing your SpamAssassin score setting
- Log into your cPanel interface.
- From the main cPanel page, look for the Mail category. Once there, locate and click on the Spam Assassin icon.
- You are taken to the main SpamAssassin page. Look to the top of the page an ensure that SpamAssassin is enabled. Scroll to the bottom of the page and click on the Configure SpamAssassin button.
- You are taken to the SpamAssassin configuration page. At the top of the page is the field entitled required_score. The value for this field is the score an email must achieve before being considered spam. To filter more spam, set the number lower. To be more relaxed on what is considered spam, set the number higher. In our example, we want to filter a bit more spam, so we set it to 4.
- Once you have set your new score, scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the Save button to finalize the change. On the main page, the number displayed on the Score setting under the Filters section is still 5, this is normal and does not mean that the score reverted to 5.
Thank you for your feedback!