What are Plugins and Widgets?
One of the best features of WordPress is the ability to customize your website with Plugins. Plugins are easily downloaded and installed and within minutes. You can easily add customized functionality to your website.
1. Login to your WordPress Dashboard. Once logged in, click "Add New" under "Plugins"
2. Search fo a plugin using the search feature.
3. Here, we have searched for "Facebook" to find a plugin that will incorporate links to posts to your Facebook account. Once the search returns results, click "Details" to read more about the plugin.
4. If you wish to use the plugin after reading about it, click on "Install Now"
5. After the plugin has been successfully installed, you will need to click "activate plugin" to begin using it. To change the settings of your plugin, click on the "Settings" menu option on the left hand side to access the settings for your new plugin.
Please check the next article on Updating a WordPress Plugin. If you missed our previous article, please see the What are Plugins and Widgets? tutorial. For more information on this course please visit Introduction to Plugins & Widgets.
We value your feedback!
new! - Enter your name and email address above and we will post your feedback in the comments on this page!
|1.||What are Plugins and Widgets?|
|2.||Searching for & Installing Plugins|
|3.||Updating a WordPress Plugin|
|4.||Finding and Installing Widgets in WordPress|
|5.||How to use the WordPress Text Widget|
|6.||How to disable the comments on a page in WordPress|
|7.||Deactivating widgets from the sidebar in WordPress|
|8.||Completely disabling the sidebar links/widgets in WordPress|
|9.||Completely disabling Comments from WordPress in the code|
|10.||How to disable blogging features in WordPress|