335: How to upload video content in WordPress
When working with video content for your site, you have two options, uploading and embedding. You can learn the differences between the two in our article on Embedding vs Uploading Videos. If you decided to upload the content to your WordPress site, follow the simple guide below.
Uploading video content to your WordPress site
- Log into your WordPress admin dashboard.
- Once on the admin dashboard, hover over the Media option from the left hand side menu and click on the Add New from the popup menu.
- This leads you to the Upload New Media page. Click on the Select Files button to continue.
- This opens a window for you to browse your local computer and select the video. Once you find it, upload it to your server.
- To add the video to your site, select either Pages or Posts from the left hand menu. For our example, we selected Posts.
- Click on the post/page you want to edit, or click on Add New. We selected to edit a current post entitled Hello World.
- Now that you are in the post/page editor, you will see a small Add media icon above the body content editor. Click that button.
- This brings you to the Insert Media page. Click on the Media Library. This will bring up a list of existing data to select from. Click on the video you want to insert and click on the Insert into post button.
- You will be brought back to the post editor where the code will be inserted for your video. Click on the update link in order to save the changes and make the video link live on your site. The code inserted for the sample below simply creates a link.
Thank you for your feedback!