328: How to disable comments on new posts and pages in Wordpress
Written by Scott Mitchell
Published: Mar 29, 2013
When working with posts and pages in Wordpress, the ability for visitors to comment is enabled by default. This article will show you how to disable the comments for new articles (pages and posts) in your WordPress site.
Disabling comments in Wordpress Posts and Pages
- Log into your WordPress Admin dashboard.
- From the left hand sidebar menu, click the Settings option.
- From the expanded menu, click on the Discussion option.
- This brings you to the Discussion Settings page. From here, look at the first section, named Default article settings and uncheck the box labeled Allow people to post comments on new articles
- Click on the Save Changes button at the bottom of the page. Now, all new posts and pages will no longer have the ability for visitors to leave comments. You may also want to stop the comments on the existing posts and pages. For that, be sure to check out our article on How to disable the comments on a page in WordPress.
Did you find this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback!
Would you like to provide any additional feedback?
Optional, but our team may contact you for more information.
Like this Article? Tweet
Here are a few questions related to this article that our customers have asked:
Ooops! It looks like there are no questions about this page.
Would you like to ask a question about this page? If so, click the button below!