327: How to remove the blog posts page in WordPress
WordPress is a very versatile program, allowing you to create different types of sites. Some want ecommerce, some want the basic blog, etc. Some, however, want to create a regular site with static pages and no blog posts, including the post index page that displays the recent posts. This article will guide you on how to remove the blog index page for Wordpress so you can display only your custom static pages.
Removing the blog posts page in WordPress
- Log into your WordPress admin panel.
- Look to the left hand sidebar menu and click the Settings option.
- From the expanded menu, click on the Reading option.
- You are brought to the Reading Settings page. From here, locate the Front page displays section and select the radio button for A static page (select below) .
- Next, select the page you want as your front page from the Front page: dropdown.
- Finally, set the Posts page: dropdown to --Select--. This effectively removes it from displaying on your site.
- Click on the Save Changes button to activate the new setup.
‹Section 39: 314: Posting via Email to WordPress using the Postie Plugin
We value your feedback!
There is a step or detail missing from the instructions.
The information is incorrect or out-of-date.
It does not resolve the question/problem I have.
new! - Enter your name and email address above and we will post your feedback in the comments on this page!