How to Create a Package within WHM
This article pertains to WHM, a feature only available to VPS Hosting, Dedicated Hosting, and Reseller Hosting users. Shared Hosting users do not have WHM access.Visit our page for more information on Shared cPanel Hosting.
A package specifies several different values for a cPanel account. For example, you could offer a "power" package that includes 5 addon domains while you have a "pro" package that includes 16 addon domains. When creating new cPanel accounts, you can assign specific packages to each cPanel account. This helps to not only speed up the cPanel account creation process, but it also helps with updating several accounts at once. If you have 20 accounts on one package, modifying a setting for the package itself will apply the setting to all accounts assigned to that package.
To create a package:
- Log into your WHM
- Click "Add a Package" under the "Packages" heading in the left menu
- On the following page:
- Specify a package name
- Dedicated IP
- If you have any available dedicated IP addresses on your server and you would like this package to include a dedicated IP address, select that option.
- Select Options
- Decide whether or not this account should have ssh access, Frontpage Extensions installed by default, and if they should have CGI Access.
- cPanel Theme
- Choose the cPanel theme to use. InMotion Hosting currently users x3.
- Feature List
- Select which feature list to assign to the account. Feature lists specify which cPanel features are available to the user, and are managed within the "Feature Manager" in WHM.
- Select which language to assign to the cPanel accounts
- Dedicated IP
When complete, click "Add" at the bottom of the page to create the package.
Congratulations, now you know how to create a cPanel package within WHM!
Support Center Login
Social Media Login
Creating and Managing Accounts with WHM
2015-08-19 5:37 am
I am interested in reseller hosting. If i avail R-2000S package what will be the price per month after one year if i plan to renew my subscription. Secondly can I make orders (as if I am a customer) such as web hosting package within my reseller account but without having to pay since i have full control of the disk space, cpanel etc. under my reseller account? Is weebly sitebuilder tool already present in the cpanel under the reseller account?
Hope to hear from you soon
2015-08-19 12:20 pm
I believe you asked this question earlier. If you're using a VPS account, that's a lot different from a reseller account. With root access you have full control of the account and how you can build cPanel accounts you could assign to your customers. Also, VPS accounts don't have the billing system built in, so you would need to provide that on your own. The place to get answers for questions like this is to speak with our sales team. They can explain how all the different packages work.
I hope this helps to answer your question, please let us know if you require any further assistance.