Adding the Bootstrap files to your Responsive Template
Once you have the Bootstrap Theme Roller created and downloaded. You will need to add the files to your website. The image to the right shows what the responsive template looks like before you add the Bootstrap Theme. You can compare what the theme looks like before the bootstrap is added and after in the following files. Below are the files you will need for the tutorial.
Copy the necessary Bootstrap files
The first thing you will need to do is copy all the Bootstrap Theme Roller files to your Responsive Template. Below are the steps to do this.
- Extract the files from the Bootstrap archive on your local computer. Copy the js, img, and css folders with the files in them to your Responsive Template folder.
- Click "Save As" in your browser to download the html from the Bootstrap Theme Roller page to your local computer.
Note! Downloading the Bootstrap Theme Roller page to your computer will save a copy of all the code you will need to add the styles to your Responsive Template. This is for your reference only and will be used through out this tutorial series to get the code you need for your Bootstrap theme.
- Rename the page to ThemeRoller.htm and save the page.
You will have an html page and a folder holding all the files.
- Drag the ThemeRoller.htm and the folder for it into your Responsive Template folder.
- Open up the ThemeRoller.htm page in an HTML editor.
- On lines 6194 to 6201 the code you need for your Responsive template can be found. The line numbers may vary. The important code is the like following.
Important! The ga.js and the jquery.js are required for the drop menus and other behaviors to work. If your menus do not work, you may not have these files.
- Open the index.html page of your responsive template. Paste the script code in the head section of your template. You can place the code after the stylesheet links.
- Rename the links in the scripts to your folder location.
- Add the link to your stylesheet in the head section.
This will link your Bootstrap styles to your Responsive template. The code is below.
<link href="css/bootstrap.css" rel="stylesheet">
Copy ga.js and jquery.js
Now that you have the links in your head section, you will need to copy the ga.js and the jquery.js to your js folder in your Responsive Template. Copy the ga.js and the jquery.js files to your js folder.
bootstrap.js bootstrap.min.js ga.js jquery.js
Now you have all the files necessary to develop your Bootstrap Responsive template. The next step is to add th SS classes and the HTML code to your site to make the styles come alive.
We value your feedback!
There is a step or detail missing from the instructions.
The information is incorrect or out-of-date.
It does not resolve the question/problem I have.
Post a Comment
Do you want to publish a tutorial to our support center?
Creating Responsive Templates
Introduction to Responsive Web Design
|1.||Introduction: Creating a Responsive Web Design|
Creating a Custom Responsive Template
|2.||Step 1: Adding HTML to the Responsive Template|
|3.||Step 2: Adding CSS styles to a Responsive Template|
|4.||Step 3: Links to the stylesheets in Responsive Templates|
|5.||Step 4: Adding the Viewpoint Meta Tag to the Responsive Template|
Customize the look of your Responsive Template
|6.||Responsive template design with the jQuery Theme Roller|
|7.||Styling a Responsive Template with jQuery Theme Roller|
|8.||Custom CSS Styles with the Bootstrap Theme Roller|
|9.||Adding the Bootstrap files to your Responsive Template|
|10.||Adding the Bootstrap Menu Buttons to your Responsive Template|
|11.||Twitter Bootstrap Common classes and HTML styles|
Free Responsive Web Design Themes
|12.||Free Responsive Templates with jQuery Theme Roller styles|