How to change ownership of user posts in SMF 2.0
During the maintenance of your site, there may come a time when you want to move posts from a guest user and assign them to another. This may be an account created specifically for this purpose, an admin user, or another regular user. You would do this if you have previously purged a member and move their remaining posts, which are now treated as guest posts, to a regsitered forum user. This action of reassigning posts from one user to another is called reattributing. Follow the instructions below learn how to reattribute posts from one user to another in SMF 2.0.
Reattributing user posts in SMF 2.0
- Log into your SMF admin dashboard.
- From the entry page, click Admin from the upper menu. This will reveal a second menu just underneath the first. Hover over Main and click on Administration Center from the popup submenu.
- At the bottom of the page is a list of maintenance categories. Find and click on the link entitled Forum Maintenance.
- Under the Forum Maintenance section you will see a small menu. Click on the Members link to open the next screen.
- From this screen you will be able to select both the source and destination users. The source user is the user you want to move the posts from and the destination user is the user the posts will be assigned to.
- Once you have entered the information click on the Reattribute button to finalize the changes. You will be met with a confirmation popup. Click on the OK button to confirm. Once confirmed, the posts will be moved to the new user-owner.
Forum maintenance for SMF 2.0
|1.||How to Manage your database in SMF 2.0|
|2.||How to change ownership of user posts in SMF 2.0|
|3.||How to perform routine maintenance in SMF 2.0|
|4.||How to manage scheduled tasks in SMF 2.0|