How to create an Order in PrestaShop 1.5 back office
Creating an order for a customer in the PrestaShop 1.5 back office is an involved process. There are several steps along the way. You may want to create a manual order if you take a customer order over the phone or by email. The steps below will guide you on how to create a new order from within the PrestaShop 1.5 admin dashboard.
Generating a manual order in PrestaShop 1.5
- Log into your PrestaShop 1.5 admin dashboard.
- Using the top menu bar, hover over the Orders tab and click on the Order option.
- You will now be at the Orders list which shows all current orders. To begin a new order, click on the green Add New button found in the upper right corner.
- Now you are on the actual order screen. Sections will appear on the screen as you step through the order. The first section is the customer section. If your customer is already registered, simply begin typing their name in the customer field. Matching names will appear below and you can select your customer from there by clicking the Choose button. If this is a new customer, you will need to click the Add New Customer button to enter the new customer data.
- Once your customer is confirmed, the Cart section appears. From here you will enter the products the customer is wanting to order. Entering the name of the product will cause information specific to that product to appear below. In our example, we chose the ipod. Several fields appeared that let us choose the correct product and quantity. Click the Add to Cart button to add the product. Repeat the step to add more products, if desired.
- The next step is to add any vouchers, or cart rules, under the Voucher section.
- After the vouchers, select the address to which the delivery will be made. The address will be selected from the dropdown.
- Next is the shipping details. Enter any details that are different from the defaults.
- The remaining section is the Summary. This is where you review the totals, add any order messages, payment info, and order status. Once finished, click the Create the Order button to complete the order. This completes and saves the order and takes you to the edit screen for that order in case you want to make any changes.
›Section 2: How to Edit an Order in PrestaShop 1.5 back office
Support Center LoginOur Login page has moved, Click the button below to be taken to the login page.
Social Media Login
Working with Orders in PrestaShop 1.5
2016-03-11 11:05 am
Hello John-Paul, Thank you for your reply. As far as I understood, the 3rd party modules available for increasing the search function in PrestaShop, are only related to the Front Office search. My concern is related a product search, when trying to add a product to an order from the Back Office. I think this search process is related to :
But, unfortunately, I have no skill to amend such functions in the way to increase the search speed. If you have any suggestion, I should be very pleased to try them. I thank you very much in advance for any reply. Patrick
2016-03-10 11:29 am
My shop is built with Prestashop 1.5.6.
The shop has around 2000 products, with an average of 10 combinations per product.
Therefore, some processes in the Back Office take time.
As an example, when we want to create an order from the BO, searching for the product can take up to one minute.
In the BO, the same trouble occurs when we want to add a product to an existing order.
Is there a way to increase the search of a product in the Back Office, in the AdminOrders page ?
Thank you in advance for any suggestion.
2016-03-10 5:00 pm
Thank you for contacting us. There are several 3rd party modules available for increasing the search function in PrestaShop.
Since I have never tried any, I cannot recommend a specific one. I recomend checking for search modules in the official PrestaShop site.
2014-11-04 5:07 pm
Hi, thanks for the guide.
Is it possible to add product by its ID, when you as I do have many products with the same name it will make it much easier.
2014-11-04 5:35 pm
Unfortunately, products may only be added by their name. It could be possible to hire a developer to custom develop a solution for you though.