How to set the Encoding Type for SQL Manager in PrestaShop 1.5
Our last article for the Working with SQL Manager course will cover how to change the database encoding type, either UTF-8 or ISO-8859-1. Follow the steps below to learn how to modify the encoding type in PrestaShop 1.5
Setting the SQL Manager Encoding type in PrestaShop 1.5
- Log into your PrestaShop 1.5 dashboard.
- Using the top menu bar, hover over the Advanced Parameters tab and click on the SQL Manager option from the menu.
- You are now on the SQL Manager page. Look to the lower section of the page entitled Settings. From there, you will see the Select your encoding file by default field.
- The dropdown offers two selection:
UTF-8 Known as Unicode, it is the current standard. It encompasses all known languages. ISO-8859-1 Older standard, being replaced by UTF-8. Generally for Western European languages.
- Once you have selected the encoding type, click on the green Save button to finalize any changes.
We value your feedback!
There is a step or detail missing from the instructions.
The information is incorrect or out-of-date.
It does not resolve the question/problem I have.
Post a Comment
Do you want to publish a tutorial to our support center?