How to turn on error reporting in PrestaShop 1.5
When developing your store, there may be times when you run into problems and need to see the error messages. By default, error reporting is turned off. This prevents error messages from being displayed in the browser. Enabling the error reporting will allow the message to display in the browser to give you an idea of there the problem may lie. This is a very handy tool when debugging or troubleshooting any odd store behavior. Turning on error reporting in PrestaShop 1.5 is fairly simple and is described below.
Enabling error reporting in PrestaShop 1.5
- Log into your hosting admin dashboard, control panel, SSH, or FTP client.
- Navigate to the PrestaShop 1.5 root folder.
- From there, navigate the path /config/defines.inc.php
- Open up the defines.inc.php file in your preferred text editor.
- Find the line of code that reads "@ini_set('display_errors', 'off')" This is line 39 by default as of PrestaShop 1.5.6
- Change it to read "@ini_set('display_errors', 'on')"
- Save the config.inc.php file back to the path, overwriting the existing file if needed.
NOTE: Be sure to turn it back off once you do not need it, this is for troubleshooting only!
We value your feedback!
There is a step or detail missing from the instructions.
The information is incorrect or out-of-date.
It does not resolve the question/problem I have.
new! - Enter your name and email address above and we will post your feedback in the comments on this page!
2013-11-03 9:15 am
I can not find that line code you say in Step 5. The more closes to that is:
/* Improve PHP configuration to prevent issues */
I am using the default theme but an upgrade of my ISP to PHP and MySQL broke the normal behavior of my shop and they say I have to upgrade too.
2013-11-04 11:23 am
Thank you for finding the error in our article. Things have changed since the original writing. I have edited the article with the correct information so you should now be able to follow it with confidence. Thank you!