Changing the partial use of a coupon voucher in PrestaShop 1.5
When you create vouchers, or cart rules for your customers, you have the ability to assign them to individual customers. Often these are used to give 'store credit' to customers. If you assign a customer a specific value (for example, $20) and they purchase something of lesser value, what do you do with the remainder? The answer lies in the 'Partial Use' setting. If the cart rule is set to allow partial use, a second voucher will automatically be created for the remaining value for that customer. If the partial use is disabled, then the customer will lose that remainder. Setting the partial use setting is quick and easy as shown in the instructions below.
Setting the partial use setting of a coupon voucher in PrestaShop 1.5
- Log into your PrestaShop 1.5 admin dashboard.
- Using the top menu bar, hover over the Price Rules tab and click on the Cart Rules option.
- You are now on the Cart Rules screen. Locate the rule you want to edit and click on the Edit icon on the right side of that specific row. The icon looks like a pencil and paper.
- You are now in the Cart Rules edit screen. Look for the field labeled Partial Use. By default, the partial use setting is enabled, which will create an additional coupon, or cart rule for the remainder if the purchase is of lesser value than the voucher itself. To disable the setting, click the radio button with the red X.
- Once your setting is selected, click on the green Save button in the upper right corner. You will be returned to the Cart Rules list page. The new setting will now take place when a cart rule is used.