How to install a third party module in PrestaShop 1.5
Previously you learned how to install a module that was included in the Modules API. This next article in our Working With Modules course will demonstrate how to install a third party module. Third party modules are modules that are not included in the default PrestaShop 1.5 program. They are typically written by independent programmers and can be found in many places across the web. Many of them are free, and some of them are paid modules that need to be purchased. This article assumes you have located and downloaded a module to your local computer. The instructions below will guide you in the process of installing a third party module for PrestaShop 1.5.
Installing a third party module in PrestaShop 1.5
- Log into your PrestaShop 1.5 dashboard.
- Using the top menu bar, hover over the Modules tab and select the Modules option
- From here you will see the the normal list of the available modules for your store. To upload your third party module, look to the upper right corner of the screen and click on the Add New Module button. This will reveal a small section just underneath for the purpose of uploading your module.
- Using the Browse button, locate the module from your local computer. Once selected, click the Upload This Module button underneath the Module File field. This will upload the module to your PrestaShop Module API. Once you see the successful message, you know the module is added correctly.
- Continue the installation by scrolling down the modules list until you find the one you installed. We installed the Block Share On Facebook module. Once you find the module, click on the Install button located to the right side of the module row.
- Once the module runs its install program, you should see a message indicating it was completed.
You have now completed a third party module install. Please continue with our course and check out our next article on setting up automatic module updates.
Thank you for your feedback!