Understanding Unit Price in PrestaShop 1.5
How is unit price used in PrestaShop 1.5?
Enables you to conform to local legislations that require products to be displayed with their unit price.
You would think that if you had a product set at $4 per lb and the product was 2 pounds, PrestaShop 1.5 would automatically calculate the price to $8. This is not the case though, instead unit price is simply used to inform your customers how the product is priced.
You can see in the screenshot about how unit price is displayed within your product page.
How to set a Unit Price in PrestaShop 1.5
- Log into your PrestaShop 1.5 administrative dashboard
- In the top menu, hover over Catalog and then click Products
- In the list of products, find the one you want to edit the unit price for. Then, click the edit icon (pencil icon) to the far right of the product
- In the left menu, click the tab labeled Prices
- Next to Unit price, enter a price. Then, next to per enter a metric. You can see in the screenshot below how we set a product to $5.00 per pound.
When finished setting the unit price, click the Save button in the top right menu. You can see in the first screenshot on this page how unit price information will be displayed on your product page.
‹Section 4: Understanding the Tax rule setting in PrestaShop 1.5
›Section 6: Displaying an On Sale icon next to products in PrestaShop 1.5
Configuring Prices and Taxes in PrestaShop 1.5
2014-05-23 4:30 am
Thank for the information.
There is one problem. I can't see it on the homepage.Do you have a solution for this problem.
2014-05-23 8:44 am
Hi Martijn, is the problem that:
 The unit price does not show on the homepage, or
 The unit price does not show anywhere within your site?
I don't have too much experience with PrestaShop, but in both cases I would assume that the showing of the unit price is handled by the template that you're using. For testing purposes, you may want to try switching to another template to see if the unit price then shows.