How to disable a customer's login in PrestaShop 1.5
Apart from deleting your customer, you may simply just need to turn off their ability to log in. The PrestaShop 1.5 back office interface allows for this via the Status setting.
This is a simple setting that can be turned on or off as needed. Disabling a customer's login in the back office of PrestaShop 1.5 is as simple as the following steps.
To disable a user's login in PrestaShop 1.5:
- Log into your PrestaShop 1.5 admin dashboard.
- Use the top menu bar and hover over the Customers tab, then click on the Customers option from the popup menu.
- You are now on the Customers : Customers screen. Locate the customer you would like to edit and click on the Edit icon (the one that looks like a pencil and paper) on the right hand side of the respective row.
- You are taken to the Customers : Edit Customer page. To disable a user's login ability, look for the setting named Status. Click the redio button next to the red X to diable login ability.
- Once finished, click the green Save button in the upper right corner.
You now know how to disable a user login in PrestaShop 1.5 back office.
‹Section 6: Changing a customer's opt-in status in PrestaShop 1.5
›Section 8: How to add a customer address in PrestaShop 1.5
We value your feedback!
There is a step or detail missing from the instructions.
The information is incorrect or out-of-date.
It does not resolve the question/problem I have.
new! - Enter your name and email address above and we will post your feedback in the comments on this page!
Managing Customers in PrestaShop 1.5
2015-01-03 4:34 am
I want to remove the block login register because I wanted to use the new module. how do I remove it? because, after I install a new module, the default login register block persists.thanks in advanced
2015-01-05 12:23 pm
What is the module you are using for the new login? We would like to set up what you are describing so that we can provide you with a solution. I know that disabling User Info Block and My Account Block should disable the default login ability, however I am not sure how that will work with the new module you are trying to implement.